Why have a blog? The truth is no one cares about the mundane thoughts that go on in my head everyday. The people who care and who I care to know are informed by phone or email. So why do I think it's so important to share them with the entire world? It's all because of Michael Halas. That's right. The reason this page even exists is because of him. I am not a person of meticulous habits or schedules, but that being said, there are certain things that I like to maintain daily. One of those being my daily phone conversations with Mike. Now that he is in Spain, the entire nightly system has been thrown off and I find myself a little confused. Furthermore, there is nothing more disruptive than the orange blinky AIM box that appears at random during the week.
BLINK BLINK!!!ORANGE!!! WARNING!WARNING! OMALLEY13 REQUIRES ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!! DROP THAT PIPETTE!!!!STOP RUNNING THAT GEL!!!!BLINK!BLINK!
Don't get me wrong. I love seeing a message from Mike. I love talking to him (hence the BLAHG!), but sometimes it drives me nuts. Only because I obsess. - well, if I go to the bathroom or a seminar, does that mean I might miss Mike?- Hmmm...I think he said he might IM me today...I think I will eat lunch at my desk around these horrid chemicals.....Wait! Is that a blinking orange I see? Oh. no. It's my internal OCD meter telling me to chill. -
See the problems...
One solution I thought was to post a BLAHG! I refer to this as BLAHG! because it sounds like it's a word that tastes bad, and therefore must be spit out. Much more interesting to say than blog. So now I have entered the world of bloggers. There are so many, but how many blahggers do you know?
BLINK BLINK!!!ORANGE!!! WARNING!WARNING! OMALLEY13 REQUIRES ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!! DROP THAT PIPETTE!!!!STOP RUNNING THAT GEL!!!!BLINK!BLINK!
Don't get me wrong. I love seeing a message from Mike. I love talking to him (hence the BLAHG!), but sometimes it drives me nuts. Only because I obsess. - well, if I go to the bathroom or a seminar, does that mean I might miss Mike?- Hmmm...I think he said he might IM me today...I think I will eat lunch at my desk around these horrid chemicals.....Wait! Is that a blinking orange I see? Oh. no. It's my internal OCD meter telling me to chill. -
See the problems...
One solution I thought was to post a BLAHG! I refer to this as BLAHG! because it sounds like it's a word that tastes bad, and therefore must be spit out. Much more interesting to say than blog. So now I have entered the world of bloggers. There are so many, but how many blahggers do you know?

1 Comments:
welcome to the world of bloggers. please post your takes on articles about tumorous lab rats, and your theories on the future of the study of tumorous lab rats, mice, and rodents in general. thank you.
By
dan, At
2:46 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home