Random Musing and Adventures

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

It's Morning Time!

I have a real problem getting up in the morning. It is less problematic once spring and summer are here, but the rest of the year...BAD NEWS! This morning I had great intentions. Like all great intentions they remained intentions which I will again try to act on tomorrow. Hence the vicious cycle begins. The biggest hindrance is warmth. Warmth not of my room, which I like to leave at a lovley 55F, but the outside temperature. I went to bed last night at 11pm knowing that it will take me 45minutes to fall asleep. My alarm clock was set for 7am, giving me plenty of time to rest. My intention was to get up, read a scientific paper, and do yoga. Instead I woke up, was fully awake, listened to NPR and read "Balzac and the Little Seamstress." What a start! Then, while in bed, the sleep demons took over. They are in cahoots with the weather report. NPR reported that it was 20F in Central Park. The howling wind outside confirmed this. So of course I fell asleep. By the time I woke up again, it was too late. Not in a temporal sense, but in a physical sense. I believe that waking up is like a space craft trying to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere. If you miss the portal of entry, you have to go all around the Earth before you can try again. Hence, by not actually getting up when I should have, I will be sleepy all day. It's a good thing I have to leave at 5pm today otherwise I don't know if I will make it.