Running
I have recently taken running more seriously. I always "liked" running. I generally found it fun, relaxing and a good form of free exercise. However, I never took it seriously and certainly never ran faster than a very comfortable 10-11 min pace. I can walk fast forever, but make me run fast and...Well, let's just say I hope you have some nice frozen peas at home to nurse your shiner. So it's suprising to me that I have taken running more seriously. Not to mention that I was obviously built incorrectly. Bad hips, one leg very slightly longer than the other, asthma, major mental blocks, and SERIOUS thermo-regulation issues (I chose to run in a sports bra and shorts in 40F weather). By this I mean I run to train to run longer. I run in the heat, I run RACES. That's right. Everything has been take a step further because I now I race. Although that can be contested because I do not run very fast. I blame all of this on Katie and Mike. It hard not to run when you sit and work with a running maniac. Mike's gazelle like grace while running is something to be coveted and I secretly hope that my legs will grow to look like his if I run more. Thank God one of us has lady legs; otherwise our offspring will all have my tree stumps. I digress...
So running has been going well. Often I think about food while running. I think how wonderful Gatorade will taste when I am done. How nice cheese danishes are. Nevertheless, I run three times a week. Sometimes more. I do temp runs, a long run currently at 9 miles, and then hills. Luckily, we live very close to hilly Fort Tryon park to do our training and Central Park for our long runs. On my off days I try to go swimming. The key word is try. Once I run the half marathon in Philly, I think I will slow down on my running and definitely climb more. However, I am running lots of qualifiers for the NYC Marathon...in fact, I have 4 of 9 races done....you never know.
So running has been going well. Often I think about food while running. I think how wonderful Gatorade will taste when I am done. How nice cheese danishes are. Nevertheless, I run three times a week. Sometimes more. I do temp runs, a long run currently at 9 miles, and then hills. Luckily, we live very close to hilly Fort Tryon park to do our training and Central Park for our long runs. On my off days I try to go swimming. The key word is try. Once I run the half marathon in Philly, I think I will slow down on my running and definitely climb more. However, I am running lots of qualifiers for the NYC Marathon...in fact, I have 4 of 9 races done....you never know.

1 Comments:
your face is running
By
paducci, At
11:49 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home