Election
I can't tell you the how I spent the day holding my breath and how I couldn't exhale when I saw PA come in, and then OH. I was nervous-nervous that something would happen and take away the change I had been waiting for these past 8 years and the victory of a man I had been supporting for the past year. After the huge sigh of relief, I had a sudden urge to jump, shout and sign the National anthem at the top of my lungs. But I held back, in respect for the Republicans in the room with me, who seemed defeated and sad for our country. Everyone has the country in their best interest, so I sat with nervous energy waiting for Obama's speech. The walk home (through an obviously McCain area, then eventually crossing into an Obama area) was refreshing and Mike and I reflected on the beautiful meaning of this victory and the hope for the next 4(+) years. I just really hope the inspiration and unity this election brought and Obama represented for many people stays and helps to re-build our nation.
People forget quickly how hard they worked or how badly they wanted this change when they get what they want. It took massive unity for this to happen and it needs to stay to make the changes needed. I hope this wasn't a temporary inspiration for people, but a true renewed interest and participation in the future of nation.
Obama has a big task at hand and boy am I glad he's the one to handle it.
Go Obama!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home