Random Musing and Adventures

Monday, September 12, 2005

Work, Wedding and Washington

It's been a while, but nothing really to mention. Work is work. The days are generally long, but made bearable by the intermittent shouting and bell-ringing (obviously every work force needs a bell to indicate someone has just been terribly insulted). However, the best part of work is the amount of STUFF I leave in lab...Just in case. The following items can be found in my locker and around my desk:
1. Bathing suit w/ goggles, ear plugs, cap and quick dry towel
2. Yoga bag and mat
3. 5 person tent
4. 3 pairs of shoes (sneaker, slip ons (for radiation work), and boots
5. Three pairs of pants, three shirts, two sweater, one hat and two scarves
6. Two pairs of underwear and socks (both clean) and running shorts (dirty)
7. Shampoo and conditioner, face wash and deodorant
8. tupperware and about 6 stuffed animals
9. Stacks and stacks of CD's
10. Food. Mostly rotten.
I think I am accumulating more things in lab than at home. Usually it's the first sign of a relationship-problem when one half starts to relocate, but this is me just being a pack-rat/workaholic. Either way, a lot of my stuff has been very useful for Katie.
That being said, I just got married. Yay! I had a great time and I think most who attended did as well. My favorite part was finding out that Mike's chest was caving in as he said his vows. hehe...Actually the best part was going to Harvest Moon afterwards and then to the Grease trucks. Of course by this time I had become quite the inebriated bride, but when you're the bride people tend not to get angry at you. Like when you spit a piece of a Fat Darrell in Alison's face, laugh then try to hide. It was also awesome meeting Chris Lane, Mike's best man. All in all it was excellent and we are very happy. It was the best day of my life.
After the wedding, we spent the next day at Vijay's (Vijay...What can I say...You did not act quickly...) then headed off to Mt. Rainier National Park in WA. It was incredible out there. I could have hiked forever, but our hut was really sweet and so did not mind going back to an outdoor private hot tub. We spent a few days at the park, then headed to Seattle. Nice city, good weather. I am always shocked with cities' skyline. I guess since Seattle is a metropolitan area, I thought it would be like NYC. Of course I was stupid to think this, but I think it's a by-product of having been around NYC my entire life. We had a great time.
Well, we had the WORST flight home but made up for it by going to the Central Park Zoo later that day with Dan (and running into Alison and John).
So nothing like coming home and going back to work. The mouse house awaits me. Also, the half marathon I was looking forward to is not happening. I mean, it is, just not the gang. No Hyunmi and the gang. All for very good reasons (except Joe and Vijay, you losers) and so there will be other races. I just think its funny that the worst runner was the only one still interested. At least now I can go hiking with the guys...Oh wait, no...I have a science conference to go to instead. I think running the race was my ticket out of the meeting...FOILED AGAIN! Katie and i will now have to hide in our hotel room playing Trivial Pursuit. Once you sell your soul to science, you never get it back. Oh, and I take back the "nothing to mention" stated earlier.

4 Comments:

  • You never get your soul back, no, once you sell it. However usually you get something for selling your soul. Otherwise you wouldn't sell it. Empirical study suggests this logic is sound. However you are living proof that it is not always the case.

    By Blogger dan, At 1:08 PM  

  • Correct. This is why I weep at night. My children shall have a soul-less mother. That can only be bad as it will most likely result in my children being fed cat food.

    By Blogger hkim, At 1:36 PM  

  • i'd rather be hiking than running. running is stupid. oh, and there's still time...it ain't nuttin but a ring, baby.

    By Blogger paducci, At 2:53 PM  

  • better get crackin' Vijay...Time is a slipp'n away. Your face is stupid. I made a wonderful cabbage/tofu stir fry the other night you would have loved. Too bad you weren't here. Tonite, I dine on homemade pizza and wine.

    By Blogger hkim, At 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home