Hello, this is my musband...
This has been a long week and it's only Wednesday. I keep boycotting a trip to the mouse house and I am dragging my feet at making my poster for the Dept. Retreat this weekend (at least it's in New Platz and will be able to climb a bit). Mike and I have been really into making great dinners. Well, I have to say that I generally cook and come up with the menu, but he is quite the helpful kitchen elf.
While buying our groceries the other day in Whole Foods by Central Park, we saw Conan. I didn't notice him, but Mike did and continued to ogle at him over the pineapples. He was over by the red plums and so I rolled the cart over by the apples to see if it really was him, and it was. So once he left (he is quite tall), I went over and picked up some red plums, probably the same ones he indented with his thumb. I felt bad for him because many people were doing the, "I love your show!" bit. I bet the guy just wants to buy his food in peace.
Today for the first time I had to refer to Mike as a husband and not a boyfriend. The transition is pretty bizarre. As a result, when I was talking to a new student I started to say, "M....usband....And I live on 181st." I wanted to say Mike or boyfriend, but the end product was MUSBAND. She looked very confused but I think she assumed I was not a native speaker of English or had a speech impediment and so did not ask me to repeat. I quickly repeated. "HUsband...HUsband..." and wound up sounding like Rainman.
Oh well...I would like you to meet my musband....
While buying our groceries the other day in Whole Foods by Central Park, we saw Conan. I didn't notice him, but Mike did and continued to ogle at him over the pineapples. He was over by the red plums and so I rolled the cart over by the apples to see if it really was him, and it was. So once he left (he is quite tall), I went over and picked up some red plums, probably the same ones he indented with his thumb. I felt bad for him because many people were doing the, "I love your show!" bit. I bet the guy just wants to buy his food in peace.
Today for the first time I had to refer to Mike as a husband and not a boyfriend. The transition is pretty bizarre. As a result, when I was talking to a new student I started to say, "M....usband....And I live on 181st." I wanted to say Mike or boyfriend, but the end product was MUSBAND. She looked very confused but I think she assumed I was not a native speaker of English or had a speech impediment and so did not ask me to repeat. I quickly repeated. "HUsband...HUsband..." and wound up sounding like Rainman.
Oh well...I would like you to meet my musband....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home