Getting dumped on the A train is harsh
Last night I was on the A train heading to the gym when I had to turn down the volume of my iPod and very sneakily listen to the conversation going on next to me. There was a couple breaking up. The guy was breaking up with the girl and, boy oh boy, it seemed like she did not see it coming or at least was resisting. The guy was nice (in his tone) but very resolute. He was not going to change his mind. I make this assessment based on the lines he used.
1. There is nothing for us here in this relationship.
2. I feel that you are just going with the relationship without saying what you want.
3. (This is the kicker) When people are in a long term (not any more!) relationship, you at some point think about or even talk about marriage, but it doesn't mean it's going to happen.
That last point was harsh. The girl looked like someone stabbed her in the chest then spat in her face. It was so sad. So sad that I had to turn away. Her argument was that she didn't see the problems and that their 5 years together have been great. Poor girl.
But I guess he's right. Most people who have been together for some period of time have either talked about marriage or at least thought about it. It crosses your mind even if for a brief moment. And it's a sad situation when two people are not on the same page. Sad initially, but I am sure better in the long run. Anyway, the weird part was that the guy got off with me -not with me...that would have been so bad- at 59th St and the girl stayed on the train. I hope this wasn't the entire break up. I hope it was a meeting of second hopes and chances (which were crushed) and that it wasn't all contained to a break up on the train. That would make things so much harsher.
1. There is nothing for us here in this relationship.
2. I feel that you are just going with the relationship without saying what you want.
3. (This is the kicker) When people are in a long term (not any more!) relationship, you at some point think about or even talk about marriage, but it doesn't mean it's going to happen.
That last point was harsh. The girl looked like someone stabbed her in the chest then spat in her face. It was so sad. So sad that I had to turn away. Her argument was that she didn't see the problems and that their 5 years together have been great. Poor girl.
But I guess he's right. Most people who have been together for some period of time have either talked about marriage or at least thought about it. It crosses your mind even if for a brief moment. And it's a sad situation when two people are not on the same page. Sad initially, but I am sure better in the long run. Anyway, the weird part was that the guy got off with me -not with me...that would have been so bad- at 59th St and the girl stayed on the train. I hope this wasn't the entire break up. I hope it was a meeting of second hopes and chances (which were crushed) and that it wasn't all contained to a break up on the train. That would make things so much harsher.

9 Comments:
that's really rough. even though i doubt it, there is the chance that she's extremely violent and good with knives and/or nunchucks and he had to do it in a public place to save his own life. could she be a ninja in disguise? if so, he better watch out!
By
Katie, At
12:52 PM
maybe a katana blade! or a sai! or a bo! but watch out for shredder and his foot soldiers.
By
paducci, At
1:19 PM
Blech! Don't mention pizza. I had two very bad slices today then decided that Alison and I should walk across the bridge to the Korean tofu place my family raves about. I ate a full lunch there then had some candy. Too much melonade!
By
hkim, At
6:28 PM
Vijay I think your scenario really is not probable in any setting that is not a small, dimly lit back alley that is lined with garbage trucks and contains a very large number of steam vents.
Hyunmi: excellent snooping. Poor girl. But hey, he said it nicely, right?
By
dan, At
9:25 PM
I bet she was nice.
By
hkim, At
10:40 PM
that is unfortunate. i suspect katie's suspicions are true, to a degree. i know people who only break up in public because they think that the person will be more reserved. it becomes scary when that isn't the case...
hyunmi, what is wrong with famiglia pizza? and exactly how long did you work yesterday? 3 hours? for shame. how are we supposed to have our party at coogan's?
By
josh, At
3:38 PM
don't worry. I am still working hard so we can have our names in lights at Coogan's. It was such a long bad week for me that I ran out of gas and couldn't work very hard. I did work until almost 9pm though that day though. So no fear my friend, no fears.
Oh, and I really don't like Famiglia's. It isn't very good, but it is very free. Hence I eat it.
By
hkim, At
10:11 PM
best regards, nice info » » »
By
Anonymous, At
9:05 PM
best regards, nice info Seroquel com Fasb 109 accounting for income taxes cpa journal Vermont plastic surgery Effexor xr 300mg car alarm systems 2w Plastic surgery vancouver washington Yonex tennis bag http://www.payday-loan-online-9.info Usaa auto insurance claim http://www.proactiv-5.info ambien camping cambrils Public sex movies Women's golf associations raleigh opt in email marketing Benefit of prozac land rover
By
Anonymous, At
2:18 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home