Everyone loves to work on Saturdays
If you are thinking about going to grad school, think carefully. Now, listen (read) carefully to what I am about to tell you. You start off thinking you are going to contribute to the world. I use to tell my mom that I would cut off my leg for a Noble Prize. A few years later, you tell yourself you are doing this for the edification of yourself. Nice one. Then you get to a point. A break down. Eventually you pick yourself up and get back into it only to hit a wall again and find yourself at that "point of no return." The point of no return is when you decided there is no way you can do bench work again. Or write grants. Or be a PI. You can't because your experience as an underling has made you angry, bitter, tired and worst of all things, disenchanted with your choice for the past 5 years. At least you could make yourself feel better knowing you were learning so much at such an excellent institution. How wonderful it all is. I am so lucky. False hope always seems better than no hope. But like all things, this too is ephemeral and POOF! even your disillusionments fail you. And now what have you to show for the past 5 years?
1. I am very good with PCs and Macs
2. I can work just about every Adobe program out there.
3. I know a lot of about mice and how to tell if they are pregnant.
4. I know how to eat lunch on a tight budget.
5. I am excellent at surfing the web and making playlists on my iPod.
Ok, so obviously I have had a bad day. In fact, it was a long 15 hour day in lab. The worst part is that while this is a long day, it's not unusual to work 12hour day on a regular basis (in fact, I did it yesterday and the day before). That's right, I'm complaining. So if you're considering going to grad school, make sure you want to feel over used, violated and under appreciated. It does have it's benefits, but I can't think of any right now. Right now my right eye is twitching from lack of sleep. So to all of you who say that I'm lucky to have school paid for, I say "Phhhhhhh! (blowing raspberries)" Sure I'm kind of lucky, but it's taking years out of my life.
The best part is that I have at least another year because my stupid animals died.
Man, it's been a rough week and another one is about to start. And I think I would cut off my right leg for a long vacation.
1. I am very good with PCs and Macs
2. I can work just about every Adobe program out there.
3. I know a lot of about mice and how to tell if they are pregnant.
4. I know how to eat lunch on a tight budget.
5. I am excellent at surfing the web and making playlists on my iPod.
Ok, so obviously I have had a bad day. In fact, it was a long 15 hour day in lab. The worst part is that while this is a long day, it's not unusual to work 12hour day on a regular basis (in fact, I did it yesterday and the day before). That's right, I'm complaining. So if you're considering going to grad school, make sure you want to feel over used, violated and under appreciated. It does have it's benefits, but I can't think of any right now. Right now my right eye is twitching from lack of sleep. So to all of you who say that I'm lucky to have school paid for, I say "Phhhhhhh! (blowing raspberries)" Sure I'm kind of lucky, but it's taking years out of my life.
The best part is that I have at least another year because my stupid animals died.
Man, it's been a rough week and another one is about to start. And I think I would cut off my right leg for a long vacation.

5 Comments:
Hey, what a coincidence. I too worked long hours this past Saturday. Sadly, my year of "weekends entirely work free" has come to an end; I must graduate. Do not despair littlest rabbit, if I manage to graduate before you I will work in your lab late at night like the shoemaker's elves so that you can finish sooner. That's what friends are for. :)
By
josh, At
11:09 AM
You know, I have always secretly wished for a lab elf, no joke. For a while I thought that if I was just open enough to the possibility and was really good, maybe something magical would happen. A lab elf never showed up though. Maybe he did and Hyunmi scared him away.
By
Katie, At
4:13 PM
I thought it was a burglar but it was an elf. But who knew! I mean, what kind of creepy individual comes lurking around at midnight with a sack filled with mysterious things. AND it was naked. I thought it was a robber or homeless man from the Amory and so I punched it. But it's neck snapped and it died. Elves are really wrinkly.
By
hkim, At
4:49 PM
Looking for information and found it at this great site... http://www.platinum-jewelry-7.info/graduate_study_scholarships.html air filters 6600 download mp3 nokia player Oakbrook plastic surgeons Age regressionfree parental control ncaa division3 women's basketball tournament results Software for technosat bg555 utah state basketball 1964 Interior plantscape designs fioricet online Bextra interaction Crash tests subaru outback Aprils anal office supply rental large format plotters the inventer of basketball Asian bukkake pics Pacific basketball washington basketball tournaments
By
Anonymous, At
7:32 PM
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »
By
Anonymous, At
8:41 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home