Random Musing and Adventures

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Best Gift Ever

Like I said in my previous post, Christmas usually results in the "getting of more stuff." I am not fond of stuff. But this year turned out to be excellent as I did receive gifts, but did not increase the number useless items. I received two excellent pairs of earrings, one from my sisters and one from Josh, several iTunes gift cards, a black cashmere crew neck sweater from my parents, and The Last of the Mohicans from my brother. We got some awesome sauces and spreads from Mike's parents. This was great.

But most impressive was Mike's gift. He bought me a 2.5 hour cooking lesson from Home Cooking. This is a private cooking lesson in my home for any appetizer, entree and dessert I choose. How awesome! In addition, he got me a gift certificate to the Equinox Spa. I can't wait to schedule a lesson.

This made my gift feel...inferior. I got him (us) a membership to the American Museum of Natural History and The Five Chinese Brothers . I also planned a secret day out where he only got clues, but it didn't go as planned. The museum was beyond crowded with mis-behaving children and we couldn't get tickets to the Darwin exhibit on account of everyone and their mother being there. So we headed to the next secret destination: Film Forum where we saw The Grace Lee Project. I then took him to Arturo's for dinner. I had planned to take him to Mc Sorley's , but we were tired and wanted to get home. Today's secret plan was to take him to the Celestial Highlights series at the Hayden Planetarium, but since he has a cold and I am still bleeding from cutting the tip (very tip) of my thumb off while doing an experiment, I think we will wait for the next one. But the is one last secret Christmas surprise for him on Friday.

My thumb still hurts and hasn't stopped bleeding. Also, it is difficult to type with one hand and so I will end this post.

3 Comments:

  • i can only try and think of mean and not nice things to say to this very nice and wonderful post where no mean thoughts can be extracted.

    By Blogger paducci, At 6:45 PM  

  • How so very kind of you Vijay. Unlike you, I can think of many mean and not nice things to say about your comment. But I will exhibit, though unusual, some degree of "sweetness" and say-
    Oh golly Vijay. Boy am I glad that you liked my post. It makes me feel warm and squooshy inside...But maybe that really my organs liquifying due to lack of food. AHHHHHH!!!! I think my organs are EATING each other because they are so hungry...

    Thanks for the nice comment.

    By Blogger hkim, At 7:21 PM  

  • for you to have given mike as nice a gift as he gave you, you would have had to enbalm the tip of your thumb and put it on as chain and give it to him to wear, forever.

    By Blogger dan, At 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home