Random Musing and Adventures

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Watch out! Or I'll stab you with my shoes.

I recently decided that I needed a new pair of shoes. A fancy pair that I can wear on a regular basis. I also decided they can't look like the other shoes I own. They have to look different. All my "fancy" shoes look like these.

In fact, these are my favorite in my closet (considering I have about 11 pairs of shoes, 6 of which are sneakers/hiking boots, it isn't a hard competition to win.). So I decided it was time for a change. I thought I would get a pair of pointy shoes. The ones I really wanted were expensive and could never find them in my size and so I headed to DSW in Union Sq in search of an alternative. I picked out a pair of very pointy, low heels. I think they're great and they were on sale! So I buy them, put them on, and walk out to meet Vijay, Mike, Yvonne, and Chris for Indian food on Bleeker street.

I look down at the shoes after walking a bit and notice the buckle is a little off. So I decide to push them a little, just to straighten them out. As I do, wham! I pull the buckle off. So now it's flapping on the shoe. Great. Less than five minutes and I have manhandled my new shoes. I decided to be REALLY careful with the other one. And WHAM! I pull that one off too. Now both buckles are flapping and making this annoying clink clink noise as I walk. Then I had the great fortune of being called a B----h numerous times by a homeless man as he followed me for about three blocks. The buckles on my shoes were essentially acting as a cowbell does for a leper. "Here I come!" CLINK CLINK "I'm getting closer. CLLLLIIIIINNNKK "I'm running now.""

I get home and shoe glued the buckles down, and hooray! they are fixed. I asked Mike if he likes my shoes and he says, "Well, I'm not so sure. They are so...pointy. Like witch shoes. They're a little scary. And I don't know about the toe cleavage. Overall, the shoes get a thumbs down." Toe cleavage. The only sort of cleavage I think a man (or woman) would not prefer to see.

My fancy shoes did not get the approval I think they deserve. Sure they are a little out there and are pointy, but this spices up my wardrobe. Like the leather skirt I never wear. I think these are awesome though and just to think that if someone messes with me (vampires included), I can stab them, TWO TIMES. And they will go down in style.

8 Comments:

  • I think your shoes are fabulous and that every reader of your blog can really appreciate that extreme close-up of your toe cleavage. Don't worry what Mike "Ogre-feet" Halas says, he's just jealous. Don't leprechaums wear pointy shoes? He's Irish, he should know better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:11 PM  

  • My favorite is when Katie said to me, "I like the close up; esp how blown up and pixelated your feet look."
    Katie, it's not pixelated, it's my dry skin that makes it look that way. Silly Kathy....

    By Blogger hkim, At 5:13 PM  

  • you will wear these with your fishnet stockings?

    my favorite part of the story was the homeless man. that's so random. was he cursing you because of the cling cling of the shoes? or just because you were the first person he saw since the last person he followed for blocks and blocks?

    i don't think the shoes are so out there. in fact i think it may be close to imposibble for girls to find good 'upscale' shoes, these days, that are *not* this pointy? i'm not a fan of pointy shoes in general but i ain't gonna hate on yours. not on thanksgiving.

    By Blogger dan, At 7:50 PM  

  • I think the homeless man got mad at me when I tried to pass him on the street. He began cussing at me once I passed him and continued for several blocks. I'm sure the clinking of the shoes didn't help.
    Thanks for not hating my shoes. As far as the fishnet pointy shoe combo is concerned, I'm not sure. I love fishnets, but the combo maybe too risque. Who knows though?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:14 PM  

  • I don't think I can pull off pointy shoes. Since I'm so short, I would totally look like a leprechaun, or a little girl in her mommy's shoes.

    It's been so long since I've seen some Hyunmi cleavage. Thanks for that close-up.

    By Blogger anna, At 1:11 PM  

  • i have to agree with the guys here; pointy shoes are kinda weird. when hyunmi described them to me i immediately thought "wicked witch of the west". of course, being a female, she bought the shoes for herself and for other women to admire; not to look attractive to men.

    also, toe cleavage is not sexy at all. the only kind of cleavage i want to see is breast cleavage. well, butt cleavage might be ok on the right woman. (no guy should ever show butt cleavage; or breast cleavage for that matter.)

    By Blogger josh, At 10:03 AM  

  • i don't like them. yvonne probably thinks you are an alien after walking into that indian restuarant on bleeker soaking wet, looking like Elsa at the tapestry castle from Last Crusade, and with a flapping faux shoe buckle.

    we saw them again while staying at your place, thanks again by the way and hope you enjoy your sweet swiss goodness, and we both commented, and don't like them, and think you can get better fancy shoes.

    as i write this i try and be objective, so show me these fancy shoes, while wearing a fancy outfit, and then i shall make a final judgement.

    toe-cleavage is minus points.

    By Blogger paducci, At 9:59 PM  

  • Ok, so the overall consensus is the men do not like pointy shoes, especially ones with toe cleavage while women like pointy shoes, irrespective of toe cleavage.

    So this is what I say. I actually bought the shoes so I can attract fine looking women, like Anna and Katie. Apparently it only attracts certain niche of women (other pointy shoe wearers?) since Yvonne did not like my shoes. As a side note, I am sure she thought I was an alien, considering the wet ensemble and the fast speech. Swiss goodness is appreciated and will be consumed.

    I wore these to Thanksgiving dinner and all the males commented that they were like knives and my mother and sisters loved them. Anyway, this just means I need to buy more shoes, of other pointy variety.

    By Blogger hkim, At 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home