Random Musing and Adventures

Thursday, November 03, 2005

You may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

Yesterday morning was a very bad morning. It was as though I entered another dimension and became another person. To clarify, Mike woke up really early to get to work for a 8am meeting (which was CANCELLED! ha!). This was the first time he had to get up before I did and boy did I savor that moment. Maybe a little too much. I had to be home since our super was coming to fix the sink at 10am, so I woke up around 8am and had the lazy debate of whether or not I should go running. The obvious answer is yes, but in my sleepiness, ok, not so sleepy at that point, I decided it was better to "walk to work really fast." Right. Ingenious. So I sleep in until 8.30 at which I am disgusted with myself. As I walk to the kitchen to make coffee, I have the battle again. I should go running. Jose wont be here until 10. No, I can really go in the middle of the day (lies!) and I'll walk to work really fast. REALLY FAST. Right. Good plan. So I make 6 cups of coffee, thinking Jose might want some later. Dressed only in my robe, I sit at the computer, check my email and proceed to plant my very little butt on the couch and breathe a heavy sigh as I pick up my TRAC write up. I need to make corrections. But I am still sleepy. I need more coffee. OK. So cup #3 in hand, I flip through the write up while flipping through channels. So I watch Entertainment tonight, followed by Dawson's Creek (I didn't know the show continued as they were in college...I have to say, I enjoyed it). During this time I had two more cups of coffee. Now I am starving and starting to get loopier. A mixture of sleepiness (most probably from not exercising), anxiety, and hunger were leading to poor decision making. I opened the fridge, got some strawberries...and a beer. Yes, a beer. For some reason, this seemed like a good idea. I sat on the couch and as I realized the sad state of affairs; I immediate feel sad and guilty.
Beer is discarded and I realize I haven't even washed my face and its almost 10am. Jose comes, and I am still dressed in a bathrobe. He eyes me suspiciously, then he eyes the beer I left on the counter VERY suspiciously. I think I got the bad tenant award. I excuse myself after I have shown him the sink problem, and get ready for work. As I leave, I realize I have drank all the coffee. And so I offer him juice or soda, to which he replies in a joking manner, "and you have beer!" Yes, I do.
To top it all off, I dressed like a moron today. I wore my "I heart Nerds" shirt with linen pants that are too short and a heavy leather jacket. A women stops me on the street and says, "Honey! You got two seasons going on!" Thanks lady. At least I didn't watch Oprah AND the Tyra Banks show like SOME people have been known to do in the past.

2 Comments:

  • tyra banks is hot. i didn't know she had a show, but if i had nothing to do (like a certain ex-retiree we know and love), i would probably watch her show and think to myself (and occasionally mutter outloud), "god, she's hot."

    By Blogger josh, At 12:03 PM  

  • Then you would have to watch the TV on mute. Mike, did you watch it on mute?
    I'm sure if you stayed home watching all kinds of television programs and not go out, you would start to say, "got that sally jeese sure is hot."
    TV can rot your brain. At home, Mike and I prefer to call it the devil box. It's nice to know a small token from my mother carries through our lives.

    By Blogger hkim, At 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home