Random Musing and Adventures

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I want a baby panda

I have found a new love. I heart baby pandas. Look at their little faces! After all, Hama does need a playmate and I think a baby panda would be perfect for him. So I have spent a good deal of my day finding ways to get my own panda. It seems...difficult. The closest I could come to my own was this. Now, if you read what the adoption includes, you will find no letters or pictures. I was hoping that my adoption would be similar to sponsoring a child, which is something I want to do. But no. My adopted panda will not write me letters or tell me how nice the new pair of shoes he/she was able to buy are, what they learned at school and how much they have grown. How sad. Instead I get some AIM icons. Lame. But I still want one, and so I might have to adopt them and never learn about their progress in health and school. If you know of any panda breeders, let me know.

9 Comments:

  • amazing, we were talking about this at work today

    By Blogger paducci, At 11:00 PM  

  • ....hama.

    By Blogger paducci, At 11:06 PM  

  • do not fret my dearest hyunmi, i will acquire for you a baby panda. it will even be alive. first, i will go buy a megamillions ticket. then i will go to chinatown and make a deal with the chinese mafia. they will deliver your baby panda, even if i have to buy them a private jet to do it.

    By Blogger josh, At 11:42 AM  

  • What do you want with a Panda? To cut off its fingers and freeze its parts and play with its jeeeeeeenz? HUH? Yeah. ...how about this: get like 500 mice and GLUE them together, then paint them black and white, and it'll be like a panda. It might work.

    By Blogger dan, At 9:00 PM  

  • hyunmi, if you reread 'what you get' you will see that they send you photos of your panda.

    on another note, let's follow dan's train of thought; sort of. try to get any sort of panda biological tissue. we will use the time-honored techniques of nuclear transfer, implantation of embryos, and surrogacy to achieve your panda goal! (i recommend a really large dog for the surrogate mother; other species of bear are probably hard to get as well, and dogs are the closest relative of bears that i can think of.)

    By Blogger josh, At 2:02 PM  

  • Yes. I see that they provide photos, but I want real ones, the kind you can hold in your hand. And how do you really know if it is YOUR panda? It might be some random panda at a zoo. If I send my panda a red shirt with penguins on it, I better see a photo of my panda wearing it.
    I like the idea of surrogacy. I have dysplasia which is often found in really large dogs. Does this mean I can be the mom? Awesome!

    By Blogger hkim, At 5:23 PM  

  • All you need is a really good couple'a gluesticks and 500 mice. I'm tellin ya!

    By Blogger dan, At 11:20 PM  

  • best regards, nice info
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:52 PM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home