Random Musing and Adventures

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Indian dinner + running = BAD NEWS!

If I could open my arms and span the length of the isle of Manhattan, I'd bring it to where you are; making a lake of the East River and Hudson - Death Cab for Cutie (Marching Bands Of Manhattan)
This song (and Cigarette Girl-The Illiterati) was stuck in my head as I went for a run this morning. It was great out, especially since it had been a while since I had gone running (stupid leg injury). The greenway is particularly nice for a relaxing run with a tough uphill at the end. The weather was a lovely 59F. A bit warm for my liking by the end of the 4 miles but everyone was out running with long sleeves or a jacket! Come on! Needless to say, I felt a little out of place in my tiny running shorts and a sports bra. Anyway, running along the river looking at the clear blue sky was therapeutic and I didn't even mind the fact that I had to go right into lab afterwards. A bit of advice; don't gorge yourself on Indian food the night before you decided to start running again the next morning. I felt it come up at mile 3. It took great effort to breathe and suppress the urge for the saag paneer to bubble up. It made the last uphill really difficult. A good run nonetheless.
Tomorrow the Medieval Festival is in Fort Tryon park right by our apt. That should be interesting. Nothing like a thousand children all blowing as hard as they can into their little plastic fifes and people dressed up in their homemade chain mail. So much going on tomorrow!

6 Comments:

  • nepali food is great for running.

    By Blogger paducci, At 9:21 AM  

  • i also dig the new death cab album...and the cigi-girl song.

    By Blogger paducci, At 10:20 AM  

  • you should try eating indian food while running. i think that's the way to go. maybe put some sauce in your utilit--err, I mean, hydration belts. put some paneer in a helmet atop your head, with a tube to the mouth.

    it could work.

    By Blogger dan, At 4:12 PM  

  • Ha! Great idea Dan, except I don't own one of those grenade belts. I choose to be in a state of constant dehydration. The thought of paneer juice as the choice refreshment makes my stomach curdle.

    By Blogger hkim, At 8:23 PM  

  • Vijay, I dig you. When are you stopping by? Hmmmm.....????
    And by the way, what would you know about running?

    By Blogger hkim, At 8:24 PM  

  • what married woman says that?

    and i run, sometimes, and just not 1/2 marathons.

    come to butthead.

    MANGO LASSI!

    By Blogger paducci, At 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home