Yoga
I love yoga. I've been doing it for a few years now and each time I start a new session of classes, I am reminded that I don't belong where I am. Nice isn't it. By this I mean my life goals and plans. Why am I doing what I am? Wouldn't I have been happier doing something else with my life? I'm sure every individual goes through this, but the funny thing with yoga is that at then end of it all, I feel good about not caring. Not caring about grad school. Why? Because it is giving me an ulcer and it's seems to not be worth it. On the whole I enjoy grad school; the people are great and I do love science, specifically research. But is it worth going through mental and physical deterioration just for the edification of myself? See the terrible, but great things yoga does? But like I said, at the end of a class I leave feeling like all the stress and worries are ok and that it's ok to hate it all. 'Cause in the end, it really doesn't matter. In the end, I will finish my PhD and it will merely be a drop in the bucket along with the many different trials and errors of my life. At least I have someone with me who is going through the same himself :)
So yoga is great. It keeps me in check; making me always think about the simple things and minimizing the complex. And of course, it's always nice to be able to do this. For strength training of course ;)
Off to Fez . It's been a long day in lab. Some deep breathing and a few drinks, everything will be better tomorrow and if it isn't, I will make it be better.
So yoga is great. It keeps me in check; making me always think about the simple things and minimizing the complex. And of course, it's always nice to be able to do this. For strength training of course ;)
Off to Fez . It's been a long day in lab. Some deep breathing and a few drinks, everything will be better tomorrow and if it isn't, I will make it be better.

4 Comments:
To be fair, I should note that I had a particularly bad week in the realm of science. When things are awry in the science, it affects not only you mentality but also your physiology. Hence, I felt sick and slightly depressed. It's getting better all the time.....
By
hkim, At
11:44 PM
That was a very fresh yoga pose!
By
paducci, At
8:15 AM
Fresh indeed.
When you feel like you're doing the wrong thing, just imagine all the other realistic options, and you may realize that you'd dislike them all as much. Or more, because they would lack the things you say you like.
By
dan, At
4:04 PM
Excellent, love it! »
By
Anonymous, At
2:09 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home