Random Musing and Adventures

Monday, September 19, 2005

What it feels to walk to work...

Everyday I walk to work. On the way I have to walk past a park. I don't walk past this park on my way home because of the amount of cat-calling I encounter. It's usually your regular comments that are said. For example, "Hey hot mama, what ju' do'in lata?" Or, "Mmmmmm, ju' lookin so good." I don't appreciate this. As a result, I always walk on the other side of the street. Strange how it seems to not infiltrate the other side of the street. That's what I always thought until this morning. I walked out of my apt. wearing a black fitted tank and straight leg dark blue jeans and sandals, Keens to be exact. I had a sidepack and was wearing my glasses. Nothing different than any other day. But the minute I get to my corner, there is a guy standing by the Starbucks and he says, "Baby, lookin good. How about a nice hot coffee for your nice hot body? Looking good in those pants..." What the hell is that?! This continues the entire 14 blocks I walked to work today. The best/worst being from two incredibly obese men, one with a walkie talkie phone thing (I HATE those things). Man X says, "Hey sexy, those pants be looking fine." Man Y (with the walkie talkie) says, "Hot mama; (then into his walkie talkie) I am looking at a fine thing in some NICE pants." What's up with the pants?! And why is there a person on every street making a comment today. Why it has expanded beyond the park is my main question. Being that I am never one to let unwelcomed comments go, I made a disparaging remark. They seemed un-fazed. Hmph!
However, I am giving my neighborhood a bad reputation. It's not bad, just...colorful.
Take a look for yourself.
Things going on in and about Washington Heights
Movies- Mad Hot Ballroom and Washington Heights

3 Comments:

  • hahaha, thats amazing. i think all those people eat soylent green.

    By Blogger paducci, At 10:11 PM  

  • I concur. Check your email.
    "They said they changed it, but they didn't. Soylent green is still people!"

    By Blogger hkim, At 9:34 AM  

  • I'm going to have to try some of those lines, next time I'm seeing a hot mama in hot pants.

    By Blogger dan, At 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home