Random Musing and Adventures

Thursday, October 27, 2005

My (most recent) biggest fear

Unfortunately I have been sick this week. This is especially bad timing since I have my TRAC meeting in a week and a half. It hit me hard on Monday and I actually had to miss work. Well, I went in for a full day on Monday then for a few hours on Tuesday, then went home to live off soup for the next several meals. I thought I was feeling better but it turns out I was in a Day/NyQuil induced haze for most of the day and was misled. But today was the first day I didn't have to take DayQuil (a few Motrins, but hey, this is an improvement). I was in such a good mood that I went with Mike this morning to get an egg/cheese/ham/grilled tomato/hot sauce/toasted roll sandwich from Shangri La. I ate then immediately felt ill. I guess having eaten not much for the past few days, a grease breakfast wasn't a good idea. So what did I do? I, in my infinite wisdom, believed that a bag of peanut M&Ms would make me feel better (not to mention the cup of Starbucks Coffee while waking to Shangri La). No foresight. I felt sick. I don't think I had an appetite all day. Josh (whose birthday was yesterday!) had some left over red velvet cake from Magnolia and INSISTED that I have some for lunch. I did and it was great...but I paid for it with PAIN later on (I would like to point out however, that having red velvet cake as your sole lunch item is every sweet tooth's dream.). I really don't think I can eat dinner. NO FOOD? That is the saddest thing I think I have ever uttered.
Furthermore, the saddest and scariest possibility that I will have no/small appetite tomorrow night when Mike and I join Josh, YiLin and her roommate for dinner at Peter Lugers to celebrate Josh's b-day. Since this will be my second time there, I will actually know what I will be missing. I don't think I ever had lamb that good. The steak is fantastic, but the lamb is my favorite. And the schlag! I better work up an appetite. I also better buckle down and start preparing for my TRAC meeting otherwise I really never will graduate.
But priorities come first, and I must increase my appetite in preparation for tomorrow's meat feast. Papers can always be read later.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home