Whoo Hoo! Subway for a buck!?
I'm so excited that this calls for two blogs in one day! I was so excited that I did a little dance in the living room. The MTA just decided to reduce the fare to $1 on the weekends from Thanksgiving to Christmas and the entire last week of December. This is so awesome! This is a smart plan on their part since I will definitely be taking advantage of this even though the holidays in NYC is one of my least favorite times in the year (well, I'm sort of a grinch but am trying to get better about it. But the tons of tourists makes it hard for me!). This will probably result in more rides than I normally would take which means I will be spending more money. At least I wont feel bad about taking the subway to work on a rainy/snowy/sleeting weekend. Wow!
On a side note, I would like to share with you something that Mike said to me today. I'm planning to cut my hair and so I asked him what face shape I had (I was trying to figure out if it was oval or round.). He told me, while looking critically (in a nice way), that it is normally oval, but today it looks round. This was followed by, "but it might be because you're sick and puffy or something...but it could also be because of the pimple on your face." I think the look of amusement and shock on my face made him say, "I mean because you almost never get a pimple and so it's really weird to see one. (pause) I mean, its bringing attention to your face...it makes it look different. (pause) You look great." Hmm....Thanks. I know he means well, but it didn't answer the question. Boy is he lucky that he's great and that I have a good sense of humor.
On a side note, I would like to share with you something that Mike said to me today. I'm planning to cut my hair and so I asked him what face shape I had (I was trying to figure out if it was oval or round.). He told me, while looking critically (in a nice way), that it is normally oval, but today it looks round. This was followed by, "but it might be because you're sick and puffy or something...but it could also be because of the pimple on your face." I think the look of amusement and shock on my face made him say, "I mean because you almost never get a pimple and so it's really weird to see one. (pause) I mean, its bringing attention to your face...it makes it look different. (pause) You look great." Hmm....Thanks. I know he means well, but it didn't answer the question. Boy is he lucky that he's great and that I have a good sense of humor.

4 Comments:
i can always count on mike for teaching me what not to say in a relationship.
for the record, you have big cheeks which prevent your oval face from looking oval. i don't think it quite calls for a new 'face shape' category, but any haircuts you consider may not jive with whatever your girly magazine tells you. :)
By
josh, At
2:11 PM
Not so fast Josh, not so fast. It might look like the wrong thing to say, but I am sneaky, very sneaky, honest and sneaky even.
By
Michael Halas, At
4:12 PM
That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »
By
Anonymous, At
3:31 AM
Keep up the good work Monograph for lipitor Keyword viagra alternative hot master spa tub diet bontril Cash to payday loan Everyday surveillance in postmodern society Provigil street drug Honda race bikes
By
Anonymous, At
7:42 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home