Random Musing and Adventures

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Lofty goals, not enough time

This was a good weekend. Not only had I planned NOT to be in lab, but I had a list of things I reallllly wanted to get done. Here is the truncated version:
1. Mail out thank you cards (yeah yeah...I know it's late.)
2. Run in Central Park
3. Make the menu for the Holiday Dinner at our place
4. Take stuff to Goodwill
5. Dye my hair
6. Make a fancy new dish actually following a recipe

Of all these things only #6 happened, and truth be told, it really didn't. I made a great dinner, but I didn't follow a recipe. I made tofu and chicken stir fried in sesame oil, crushed red pepper, ginger and garlic. I added shitake mushroom and Kung Pao sauce and ladled it over soba noodles with julienne cucumbers on top. It was great, but I wanted to make shrimp with green curry coconut sauce over rice noodles.
All the other things on the list never happened. Instead of running, I went swimming and well, I went to lab and of course being a time warp, I was there for several hours. Still, the weekend was great. Vijay came over on Friday. Mike, Vijay and I went out to get Mexican then came back to the apt where I made drinks. Katie came over, and well, the night turned out to be a loud, crude event. Bena came over on Saturday morning before she and Vijay had to leave for New Paltz. I made breakfast (while the guys watched Like Water for Chocolate), but the highlight of the morning was when Mike knocked my L'Occitane perfume into the toilet right after Vijay told him about his amazing three flusher.
I hear, "OOOOHHHH!" and walk over a minute later to the bathroom to find Mike standing over the toilet, very vigilantly holding a plastic coat hanger. Now, I don't know what he thought he was going to achieve with that. Vijay was no help having sought refuge on the couch. I think Mike and Vijay would have stood there for 30 minutes staring at each other. So I stuck my hand in the toilet (he had flushed it) and retrieved the bottle, washed it off and put it on the bathroom shelf. Mike looked appalled. It was hysterical. That was the highlight of the weekend, but the Italian cookies I got from Bleeker street was a close second.
Off to bed soon since I now have a crazy early gym schedule. The things on the ever growing list WILL get done!

5 Comments:

  • we would've found a way...

    a great night indeed!

    By Blogger paducci, At 10:04 PM  

  • hahaha. the best part is that while you tried to accomplish #6, the dinner recipe that you actually made wasn't even close to what you wanted to make. good job getting nothing done. ;)

    the reality is that if you had gotten all of those things done, your weekend would not have been as good. why? because you are procrastinating those things for a reason: you don't want to do them. fulfilling an entire list of things you don't want to do is a recipe for a bad weekend.

    btw, why didn't mike do the thank you cards while he was unemployed? ;)

    By Blogger josh, At 10:27 AM  

  • He did write thank you cards. He just didnt write the addresses and stamp them.

    By Blogger hkim, At 10:40 AM  

  • you may get things done... or Procrastina, Goddess of Self-Inflicted Delay, may stop you yet. Good luck.

    By Blogger dan, At 9:45 PM  

  • That evil wench! I never did like her.

    By Blogger hkim, At 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home