Random Musing and Adventures

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Chill weekend and average cookies

This is was the first weekend in a while that Mike and I didn't have a crazy schedule. Work was low key this weekend and we got to do a bunch of stuff. On Friday we met up with Andrew Li and a few other people. I again made the mistake of hitting the drinks a little too hard a little too early and by the time 11pm rolled around, I was ready to go to bed and was having a little trouble standing. It was great to see Andrew and we saw a bumper sticker that said, "Republicans vote Voldemort." We got a quite a laugh out of that.

On Saturday we met up with my family to celebrate my father's b-day and my parents' anniversary. So Mike and I got to NJ early to clean out the car (parked by my sister's) in the hopes of selling the car. My little brother happen to be in the area and after we all cleaned out the car, we got lunch at a favorite high school lunch spot of mine (a current favorite of my brother's). For two bucks, you get an awesome steak sandwich. It was fabulous. We met every one for dinner at River Palm then went to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I found it...ok. It had a few high points (Tilda Swinton as the White Witch was fabulous).

Today after work and the gym, I did some light Christmas shopping at the Holiday Fair at Columbus Circle and picked up a few things. Including a pair of great earrings for 6 bucks. Awesome! I also purchased a cookie gun since I wanted to try out a new shortbread cookie recipe. Needless to say, the recipe isn't as good as my regular one. I should have stuck to that one. In addition, the recipe was too gooey to use the cookie gun so I couldn't even get all the neat patterns I wanted. Dumb recipe. Now I am stuck with a bunch of average cookies. My number one critic and kitchen cleaner even thought they were average. My plan is to get rid of them by taking them to lab where people are always hungry.
Enjoy the pics.

15 Comments:

  • Narnia kinda blew. And I LOOOOVED the books when I was little. Oh, it looked great. And the acting, even by the kids, was good. But, maaaan, as an allegory? It's shite. It made it seem like Aslan KNEW he would be resurrected! As my friend Dan said, that's not sacrifice, that's a loophole. And why can Peter suddenly direct an army? And why is he suddenly an expert in close-quarter combat!? A normal 15 year old would even be able to move in all that armor, but suddenly he's mister general? Baaah. I'll take the Satanist undertones of Harry Potter any day.

    By Blogger dan, At 9:42 AM  

  • mmm, cookies. uhm, your husband has like space, like, on the internets where you can, like, post your pics and stuff. like, you can call it hyunmi.halas.us! :)

    say like enough times and it sounds weird.

    i don't remember the books, but it seems in the bbc version, aslan knew what would happen too?

    By Blogger paducci, At 9:49 AM  

  • Yeah Dan, all points right on. That sounds exactly like what Hyunmi I said after watching it.

    By Blogger Michael Halas, At 10:44 AM  

  • sorry pics are up...finally.

    By Blogger hkim, At 11:54 AM  

  • I remember loving, I mean LOVING, the BBC versions where I was younger.

    Aslan's loophole would be fine if it wasn't meant to be some kinda allegory. I guess that's why when I was a kid I didn't mind? Or didn't even think about it? I hadn't the faintest ideai t was supposed to be some kinda Christian thing... I only found that out a few months ago, with all the Narnia hoopla.

    I think I'm gonna post about this. :)

    Ok now to see them photos.

    By Blogger dan, At 12:12 PM  

  • Vijay...you only have to say it once to realize how weird it sounds.
    Weirdo.

    By Blogger hkim, At 1:46 PM  

  • NOOOOOOO! You ruined the movie for me! I was relying on my lack of remembering anything about the heplogy (word for a seven part series, ala trilogy?) to be surprised anew upon witnessing the movie, unlike with LoTR. *sigh*

    hyunmi, save some cookies for me. i am a cookie monster.

    By Blogger josh, At 1:56 PM  

  • Dont' worry josh, there will be many cookies just for you. and as far as the movie is concerned, well, keep your quick eye out for the pitfalls in the special effects.
    plus i think the kid who plays peter looks oddly like prince william. this made the film creepier for me.

    By Blogger hkim, At 2:11 PM  

  • yeah what was up w/ the FX? I mean for the most part they were flawless, right? And then every once in a while, the green-screen looks like they did it in two minutes on the set of the Daily Show. Still, did you think the Lion and the Wolf police looked good? I was really impressed with 'em, meself.

    All this cookie talk's making me ache for some... pizza.

    By Blogger dan, At 3:26 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger wonmi, At 10:23 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger wonmi, At 10:24 AM  

  • well think of it this way.
    if you want to compare it with the parallel story of Jesus and his sacrifice, well, didn't jesus also know resurrect?
    according to christianity, jesus=God= omipotent. soooooooo, he DID know he would resurect but regardless of that, it was the act alone sacrificing himself in that way. and i dont think his knowing about the inevitable ressurection takes away from the sacrifice at all...you know waht i mean? i hope this makes some sense....

    im not saying th emovie was great or horrible.. im just commenting on the "loophole" notion.

    sorry for all the deletions... ack!

    By Blogger wonmi, At 10:26 AM  

  • I had to comment on this because HELLO?? CS Lewis is a Christian Author! he meant for Aslan to be a Christ-like figure!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:49 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger wonmi, At 9:52 AM  

  • It's nice to hear from you hae sun!

    By Blogger hkim, At 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home