The tide is high but I'm holding on
Yesterday had to be the worst day ever. Everyone says that now and then, but in all honesty, I think I actually had the definition of a "bad day." I think Mike, Vijay and Katie are a few who can vouch for me. Not to go into detail but let's just say that the day involved death, a long call to Sprint, failed experiments among many other things. I will expand on a few things though.
So after a really bad start in the morning (discovering a serious thesis delay), I kept positive, laughing and maintained a generally positive attitude. No crying, because, well I don't like to cry and not much gets accomplished with crying. That being said, I had to move the car later that day. I had left the keys at home though the car was parked by lab. So I head out to move the car (later than I normally do) and get the keys, hop back on the train downtown, get to my car...and I find that the evil demons changed the parking sign. I parked in front of the sign just because I was so paranoid. It was legal for Monday. At least it WAS. Apparently they are doing work on that street now and as of Monday, Nov. 28, it is a no parking at all times zone. Now I have a $60 parking ticket. How the hell was I suppose to know that. I can even see where the sign was taken down and this one was put up. It was a serious kick to groin.
This is my breaking point. I stand in front of my car and cry. I get in the car and cry. I want to drive this car into the river. I stop crying and drive to find parking. I drive for 35 minutes (interspersed with random crying) and I give up and take it to a lot. At this point, I have to get back to lab for a time point. I run to the subway and it gets stuck on the tracks. I miss my time point.
I get to lab, do my experiments and around 9pm am so tired and sad that all I want to do is go home. So I make a new playlist to pep me up. I get on the train and am listening to some cheesy but great music, and it's making me feel better. "OOOh Baby, I love your way....." I look up, and I had accidently gotten on the dam downtown train. Another breaking point. I start to cry on the train and everyone in the car is looking at me. I think they all think I got dumped. I was that crying girl on the train. I get off at 145th, crying, and transfer to the uptown.
I get home and Mike has bought me a Godiva surprise, which was so nice, but I can't eat it since I had one meal all day and supplemented the rest of the day with Swiss goodness (now belly badness). It was one of those days that all you want to do is hide in bed and never go out.
On a side note, this weekend Mike and I went to the Main St. Pub in Voohees (this Main St. isn't really a street; it's a fake complex town thing like in Disney. It's so bizarre that of course only a suburb would come up with it.). While there, some guy who was obviously buzzed said to me, "Hey, who are you with?" and I point to Mike and he looks at him and his panda shirt and says, "You like pandas?" I say yes. He says, "Are you Chinese? Japanese? What's your name? Is your name Ping Pong?"
That was so great! I almost bust a gut laughing. Is your name Ping Pong? I told him my name was Ling Ling and that was the end of our conversation. How random.
So after a really bad start in the morning (discovering a serious thesis delay), I kept positive, laughing and maintained a generally positive attitude. No crying, because, well I don't like to cry and not much gets accomplished with crying. That being said, I had to move the car later that day. I had left the keys at home though the car was parked by lab. So I head out to move the car (later than I normally do) and get the keys, hop back on the train downtown, get to my car...and I find that the evil demons changed the parking sign. I parked in front of the sign just because I was so paranoid. It was legal for Monday. At least it WAS. Apparently they are doing work on that street now and as of Monday, Nov. 28, it is a no parking at all times zone. Now I have a $60 parking ticket. How the hell was I suppose to know that. I can even see where the sign was taken down and this one was put up. It was a serious kick to groin.
This is my breaking point. I stand in front of my car and cry. I get in the car and cry. I want to drive this car into the river. I stop crying and drive to find parking. I drive for 35 minutes (interspersed with random crying) and I give up and take it to a lot. At this point, I have to get back to lab for a time point. I run to the subway and it gets stuck on the tracks. I miss my time point.
I get to lab, do my experiments and around 9pm am so tired and sad that all I want to do is go home. So I make a new playlist to pep me up. I get on the train and am listening to some cheesy but great music, and it's making me feel better. "OOOh Baby, I love your way....." I look up, and I had accidently gotten on the dam downtown train. Another breaking point. I start to cry on the train and everyone in the car is looking at me. I think they all think I got dumped. I was that crying girl on the train. I get off at 145th, crying, and transfer to the uptown.
I get home and Mike has bought me a Godiva surprise, which was so nice, but I can't eat it since I had one meal all day and supplemented the rest of the day with Swiss goodness (now belly badness). It was one of those days that all you want to do is hide in bed and never go out.
On a side note, this weekend Mike and I went to the Main St. Pub in Voohees (this Main St. isn't really a street; it's a fake complex town thing like in Disney. It's so bizarre that of course only a suburb would come up with it.). While there, some guy who was obviously buzzed said to me, "Hey, who are you with?" and I point to Mike and he looks at him and his panda shirt and says, "You like pandas?" I say yes. He says, "Are you Chinese? Japanese? What's your name? Is your name Ping Pong?"
That was so great! I almost bust a gut laughing. Is your name Ping Pong? I told him my name was Ling Ling and that was the end of our conversation. How random.

3 Comments:
JOSH! crazy josh. and where did u get a picture of hama on my bed! NAKED! oh poor hama. I miss him. i think i have to go home early to give him hugs.
he already made my bad day better.
By
hkim, At
5:19 PM
I wonder what other pictures of Hama are to be found on the net. Still shots from the "Hama Hot n Heavy", Volumes I through XXIV, DVD series, perhaps?
Sorry bout yr day. But think of this way much: much like that other time when you had such a SWELL day that everything simply HAD to get worse, now everything more or less will get better.
And when you say death, can I take it to mean something like your mice all got the bird flu or somethin?
By
dan, At
8:21 PM
...hama, haha
By
paducci, At
11:14 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home