Random Musing and Adventures

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

So you want to hear about my crazy morning? You know you do.

Crazy. Ok so here it is. Mike and I went to bed super early (10pm!) in the hopes of getting up early and hitting the gym. We got up at 6.45am and because the weather has been really mild (high of 50F today!) I decided to run in Central Park again today, but this time wearing my spandex as I got heckled for wearing shorts on a run on Saturday. I hit the pavement and lo and behold...I can breathe in and out of my mouth. This is the second time EVER that I have been able to run and do this. It's a miracle. I always breathe in and out of my nose. You try running a race as fast as you can breathing only through your nose. It's hard and you feel like throwing up. I attribute this miracle to the fact that I have actually been using my inhaler and have been using it properly. The wonders of medicine. Man, it feels good to give your muscles oxygen. Well, for the most part it was a good 3.5 miles. I had to go to the bathroom but kept thinking, " Just a little further." Well, I didn't have an accident but it made me haul my butt the last mile back to the gym. Oh man, I was sweating out. Like Joe...on the A train.

Anyway, you would think this would be the start to a good day. So I decided to go to the bank to deposit a check. I get on the D and shortly after the doors close, a very obese woman begins to scream and moan. She says she is in pain and is clutching her...middle? I couldn't tell if it was her chest or stomach. They eventually have to stop the train and make an emergency stop and take her off. This means we ALL have to get off and wait for another train, but by now this whole thing has taken about 30 minutes of my time. The best part, when the medics get to her, she walks off the train. Dude, if you are in so much pain that you had to stop the train, you better be getting off in a stretcher.

I finally get to 59th and transfer to the A. I sit down, relaxing in my seat. I look up and no kidding, but a woman who looks freakishly like Bowser is sitting across from me. I'm not kidding. The combination of her intricate, bi-colored hairdo, her multiple piercing and being over weight...man, she really scared the bejeezus out of me. Then there was this large man sitting a ways down wearing a red Hawaiian shirt and a very large festive straw hat. He is staring at this man in an olive colored business suit. At 125th St, the business man is waiting to exit the car when the festive man says to him, "Excuse me sir. But your tie clashes with your suit. " The business man looks at the festive man in his get up and says, "Well, blame my wife." Hardy har har. After the guy gets off the festive man says, "Man that poor guy. He got a wife with no taste. It be sad when a man goes 'round dressing like that." He was totally serious.

I got to lab a whole 1.5 hours later than I wanted.

Crazy morning in NYC.

5 Comments:

  • I am seriously dissappointed with this post Hyunmi. There is no mention of a homeless man chasing you down the street, calling you chinagirl, and accusing you of stepping on his muffin or some other random thing.

    By Blogger dan, At 6:38 PM  

  • I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better a homeless man sitting outside of Jou Jou (a cafe by work) tried to grab the bottom of my coat as I walked in. He failed because I am swift, but he got the girl behind me.

    By Blogger hkim, At 9:00 PM  

  • hahahaha. I love that. "He failed because I am swift." You should rename your blog "I Am Swift."

    By Blogger dan, At 8:52 PM  

  • i liked hissing rats and cursing homeless men.

    i too, am disappointed....disappointed in your face

    By Blogger paducci, At 3:36 PM  

  • Keep up the good work » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home