Happy Valentine's Day! Everyday is the 14th!
Yesterday was Valentine's Day (duh) and since Mike and I pretty indifferent to this day (we're a bit lazy about planning some cheesy romantic event [Come on, this is a couple who went hiking on their honeymoon!]), we thought it would be better if we alternated the years of responsibility. I took this year. The plan was to make a nice dinner, relax at home, listening to some nice music. This is a bit extravagant for us since both of us have been too busy to even turn the stove on lately. I planned a meal of a spinach salad with feta, roasted garlic Parmesan asparagus, mashed potato casserole (compliments of the Fantauzzo recipe), and steak Diane. For dessert, a pear cake topped with vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce with almonds.
Alison and John came over to celebrate the festivities with us and everything turned out great. Well, except for the mixed drinks...Mike made some weird concoction and only John had the courage to finish it. It was a lot of fun, especially since Mike, and perhaps John, were a little inebriated.
In addition, I made Mike a special Valentine's playlist with the help of Katie. It included special songs like the title of this blog. Some example songs were: God only knows, When you smile, Only in dreams, I want you to want me.
I also was going to make an anti-Valentine's day list (I think these songs are more fun) with songs like Unbelievable, Nothing better, Untouchable Face, Don't you want me- but I didn't think this to be appropriate, at least not when I am trying to be pseudo-romantic.
Everything was great. Lots of fun was had by all. Anyone else do something?
My God...it's only Wednesday.
Alison and John came over to celebrate the festivities with us and everything turned out great. Well, except for the mixed drinks...Mike made some weird concoction and only John had the courage to finish it. It was a lot of fun, especially since Mike, and perhaps John, were a little inebriated.
In addition, I made Mike a special Valentine's playlist with the help of Katie. It included special songs like the title of this blog. Some example songs were: God only knows, When you smile, Only in dreams, I want you to want me.
I also was going to make an anti-Valentine's day list (I think these songs are more fun) with songs like Unbelievable, Nothing better, Untouchable Face, Don't you want me- but I didn't think this to be appropriate, at least not when I am trying to be pseudo-romantic.
Everything was great. Lots of fun was had by all. Anyone else do something?
My God...it's only Wednesday.

7 Comments:
that steak diane looks good. i just printed the recipe, but i will have to modify it. who eats only a 6 oz piece of meat?
how come when you or mike write blog entries about cooking meals at home, you are the only one cooking? why don't we hear about mike's forays into the culinary domain? hmm? ;)
By
josh, At
12:02 PM
We will soon enough, when Iron Chef Washington Heights resumes! That's right folks, my only Valentine's Day activities included opening three cards (two of them from family) and helping Hyunmi make a CD. I really have to put an end to all these romantic acts!
By
Katie, At
2:50 PM
i dressed up for a scary v-day picture at work.
By
paducci, At
10:30 PM
Those were scary pictures. Scary because they were weird. You don't look scary.
By
hkim, At
11:56 AM
Those pictures were stange Vijay. It wasn't necessarily anyone's fault in particular, but they just didn't sit well with me. It was like a family photo where no one looks like anybody else and everyone is sitting far away b/c they can't stand the thought of touching each other. I felt like a small gnome was going to jump out of the middle of the picture and punch me while I was looking at your smiling faces.
By
Katie, At
2:42 PM
those were lovely pics indeed. quite a dysfunctional family.
By
paducci, At
5:28 PM
is this blog entry's title from the outkast song?
By
paducci, At
9:08 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home