Random Musing and Adventures

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Craziness and Laziness

First for the fun stuff.

First: Mike and I were suppose to go skiing this past weekend, but after a few drinks (two 22oz. Yuenglings) at TGI Fridays with my family things started to get a little hazy and we nixed skiing. A good thing too since the weather turned out to be warm and rainy. So instead we went to Chinatown to celebrate the year of the Dog. Mike had never been to Chinatown in NYC before and was mesmerized by the Chineseness, especially the Commerce Bank signs being all in Chinese and the Fang Wah Bus. We ate and walkd around. I especially liked the yingyang painted in the middle of the track at the local high school down there.

Second: Last night while eating our lavash pizzas and drinking beer, Mike divulged some secret information. We were listening to In Your Room (my playlist...I don't think Mike even likes this song) when he said, "Sometimes...I like to do knight stuff for you." Having no idea what he meant, he elaborated. "For example, I hear a song like that INXS song (Beautiful Girl) and I imagine that I am playing it for you. Or I imagine me saving you...from a bad day or something." As corny as it is, it was hysterical and I couldn't stop laughing. Also, I was secretly relieved since I thought "night stuff" was going to be something gross, scary and make me cry.

Third (and not so fun part): Misery loves company and so what's better than a comic strip based on the woes of PhDism. I first started going to this site my first year in grad school and I can only say that each year it has becomes more and more a reflection of reality than fiction. At least it's amusing on paper. So according to this deadly accurate and well researched chart, I am somewhere between -I've been here for FIVE years?! and Advisor runs out of funding. Now, the grant goes out in March, so we shall see but so far it's on target.

So according to the chart, I have a while longer and it looks like it's not going to be efficient no matter how hard I try, and so I will embark on my new course and outlook on the PhD process: Laziness. I think good things will come out of this new change for me.


Pics From Iron Chef are finally up.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home