Just tell me once again ..... Who's fat?
Today I went to the health center for a check up. Nothing new. But because my coverage is, how you say...not very good, I was told to come back in March. They were kind enough to take my blood pressure (90/50), height (logging in at a fancy 5'4") and weight. Now, I had my height taken with my shoes off and all but she forgot to take my weight until later and I put my shoes and jacket back on. Anyway, the weigh in said about 130lbs. After all of this my doctor tells me that I can't get my check up today and will have to re-schedule. Futhermore, as she looks through my chart notices that when I first came to this health center four years ago I was lighter. True, but I have also developed A LOT more muscle since having been at Columbia. Then she gives me this talk about being on the slippery slope to obesity. WHAT!?
It actually went on for a while. She keeps telling me how important it is to exercise. I keep telling her I DO exercise. We leave with her showing me how close to overweight I am on the BMI chart. Come on! I'm wearing hiking boots today!
Then I get to lab and I have about 6 messages in my inbox from WeightSolutions offering me all kinds of dietary help.
Whatever. I love my food and I love my gym. My pants still fit. Hence everything is alright.
In other food/fat news, Iron Chef Washington Heights was a lot of fun yesterday. Katie has a short description. In short, our secret ingredient was pear and I am currently the reigning Iron Chef. Pics will be up soon.
Update: For now, you can enjoy Josh's pics and description.
It actually went on for a while. She keeps telling me how important it is to exercise. I keep telling her I DO exercise. We leave with her showing me how close to overweight I am on the BMI chart. Come on! I'm wearing hiking boots today!
Then I get to lab and I have about 6 messages in my inbox from WeightSolutions offering me all kinds of dietary help.
Whatever. I love my food and I love my gym. My pants still fit. Hence everything is alright.
In other food/fat news, Iron Chef Washington Heights was a lot of fun yesterday. Katie has a short description. In short, our secret ingredient was pear and I am currently the reigning Iron Chef. Pics will be up soon.
Update: For now, you can enjoy Josh's pics and description.

8 Comments:
As far as I'm concerned, Health Services is the devil. I have had to call them 5+ times in the past few days just to get them to fax a referral to an office literally 400m away. Ridiculous. I think you should have told her you were on a slippery slope towards punching her in the face. Once your hand makes contact for the first time, you just can't stop yourself.
By
Katie, At
6:16 PM
pants always fit. they stretch. that is part of the slippery slope. by the time the pants don't fit, it is too late and you should just shoot yourself before congress enacts legislation ordering that you be shot by others.
incidentally i weigh like 135 lbs.
By
dan, At
10:02 PM
Girl pants don't always fit. This is why I hate girl pants. Plus they have really useless pockets, unless they are cargo pants.
Maybe you and I can share pants.
By
hkim, At
10:11 PM
Yo man, ding dong, ding dong, ding dong, yo
By
paducci, At
8:27 AM
Wow, you being obese is a crazy thought.
Interesting related article - Why America Has to Be Fat at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/21/AR2006012100180.html?referrer=email
By
Colleen, At
9:56 PM
Thanks Colleen. I'll have to check out the article. By the way, nice hair cut!
By
hkim, At
8:49 AM
Best regards from NY! Cholesterol test kit home Centrum senior vitamin Sting ringtone Cheap calls israel mobile dodge cherish perfume revlon online keno tip gambling saturday kitchen mp3 Convertible+baby+crib Consumer mattress http://www.parts-buick-skylark.info/Bmwx3forsalebyowner.html Waterbed drawer pedastal Free casino downloads Tooth whitening sensitivity pain audi vw parts
By
Anonymous, At
12:28 AM
This is very interesting site... Zocor report Personal injury insurance letter Delonghi steam cleaners vacuum cleaners buy Suzuki license plate frames Internet best domains hosting cheapehost.com
By
Anonymous, At
10:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home