Waiting for my next meal
I got up really early today. 5:15 am early and will have to do it again tomorrow. As a result, I am famished. Starving. I had yogurt once I got into lab and after a series of experiments bought myself a bagel with butter and now am dying to eat lunch. I don't know how I will make it to lunch. If I can't eat, I really would like to take a nap. But I can't do that either, so I'm writing this very un-interesting blog. So here is an update of recent events/thoughts.
1. I am hungry.
2. I will get a footlong sandwich from Subway for lunch.
3. Mike and I registered for the NYC half marathon, which I am excited to run when I am thinking about it but not when I am actually running. It is 2 months away and already I am very tired. The course looks awesome and beer afterwards in our backyard sounds even better.
4. Mike really likes this TV program called So You Think You Can Dance? It's really funny to watch him get all into it. He has analyzed the judges and the strategy of this show's programming from a few episodes. It's pretty funny.
5. I killed the world's biggest bug last night. I'm not scared of bugs, but in NYC, no matter how clean you may be, you get a big bug/roach once in a while (this was about the size of my thumb not including its antenna). This thing was HUGE. Mike called me in (in his defense he was holding stuff but I think he was a tiny bit scared) and told me to kill it. When I did, I heard/felt a crunch. Gross. Later, I was slightly afraid of going to bed thinking that another would invade, looking for his friend, and eat my face. This all stems from the time I woke up once (as a child) with a roach on my face and let me tell you, it changes you for LIFE. I have a serious vendetta with roaches.
I hope you enjoyed this post. I wasted a good 15 min writing it. That's 15min closer to more food.
1. I am hungry.
2. I will get a footlong sandwich from Subway for lunch.
3. Mike and I registered for the NYC half marathon, which I am excited to run when I am thinking about it but not when I am actually running. It is 2 months away and already I am very tired. The course looks awesome and beer afterwards in our backyard sounds even better.
4. Mike really likes this TV program called So You Think You Can Dance? It's really funny to watch him get all into it. He has analyzed the judges and the strategy of this show's programming from a few episodes. It's pretty funny.
5. I killed the world's biggest bug last night. I'm not scared of bugs, but in NYC, no matter how clean you may be, you get a big bug/roach once in a while (this was about the size of my thumb not including its antenna). This thing was HUGE. Mike called me in (in his defense he was holding stuff but I think he was a tiny bit scared) and told me to kill it. When I did, I heard/felt a crunch. Gross. Later, I was slightly afraid of going to bed thinking that another would invade, looking for his friend, and eat my face. This all stems from the time I woke up once (as a child) with a roach on my face and let me tell you, it changes you for LIFE. I have a serious vendetta with roaches.
I hope you enjoyed this post. I wasted a good 15 min writing it. That's 15min closer to more food.

9 Comments:
Ok, I simply have to state that I was not scared. I don't even think Hyunmi thought I was scared. Everyone knows I am a fearless bug killer. I'm even one of those gross people that kills them with their hands.
By
Michael Halas, At
10:44 AM
Also, the roach was much bigger than you thumb. It even was much bigger than my thumb. I'd say it was twice the size of my thumb. I was impressed with its size, but not at all with its speed. I think it had grown fat and lazy. It just stood there waiting for you to crush it.
By
Michael Halas, At
10:50 AM
Like Manuel! OMG...I'm such a mean person.
By
hkim, At
10:53 AM
BTW, Mike just told me that he "wasn't scared" and that he "just didn't feel like killing it." Only someone scared would let that beast go.
By
hkim, At
10:54 AM
I'd have been scared. But then I'd have gotten really mad at the bug for making me scared, and I'd have angrily stomped through my room/house/apartment looking for something suitable to kill it with. Then I would have attacked it with a vengeance.
Today I think I may have accidentally drowned an ant colony with precious Aquafina. They died in style, at least.
By
dan, At
11:02 PM
Professors?! I am only aware of the professors who had to teach his son that the world is a scary place and of the one that had passionate love for Mike.
Oh, the kind of creatures that become engineers...
By
hkim, At
7:31 PM
ask dan about what a bjt, bookbag, and bat and can do
By
paducci, At
8:03 PM
Enjoyed a lot! »
By
Anonymous, At
2:58 AM
This is very interesting site... » » »
By
Anonymous, At
3:57 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home