Pork and beans
Last night I made beer braised BBQ pork butt (pulled pork) and chipolte black bean soup. Of course I deviated from the recipes, but man oh man, did they come out fabulous. (Yes, yes, I am patting myself on the back.) I used Mc Sorely's Ale for the pork (a very nice pork picnic with bone) and added more garlic and some Spanish onions to the mix. I also used some lemon juice for the marinade. I made the "BBQ" sauce as suggested, but also added some honey and reduced the brown sugar. I used both Dijon mustard and my favorite Honeycup mustard. The black bean soup was done using canned beans instead of dry and I added more chipolte peppers and some chili powder. I then took a potato smasher and smashed a bit of the soup to make it a bit thicker. All this brewed while Mike and I watched Labyrinth. (David Bowie's super tight riding breeches are just too much.)
It was so good that I brought some for lunch today with an extra special mallomar dessert.
I will definitely be making this again and hope to do so for a larger event...maybe for a summer solstice party....hmmmmm...
It was so good that I brought some for lunch today with an extra special mallomar dessert.
I will definitely be making this again and hope to do so for a larger event...maybe for a summer solstice party....hmmmmm...

4 Comments:
a summer solstice party.....in Arlington!
By
paducci, At
5:51 PM
I wish the goblins would come and take you away... right now!
By
vimal, At
6:58 PM
thanks for sharing your mallomar. i have celebrated the winter solstice with a ridiculous number of traditions with about ten of my friends for about 6 years now. it's getting bigger than christmas.
By
Katie, At
7:41 PM
Any reason for you to make that meal again sounds good to me. MMM MMMM. I'll be hitting the left overs again when I get home tonight.
By
Michael Halas, At
5:26 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home