Random Musing and Adventures

Thursday, March 23, 2006

That's not a woman-That's MAN, man!

I took a "gender test" today and of course it told me that my answers compared to the rest of the people who have taken this quiz were:
"5% more male than you -2% like you - 92% more female than you" meaning that I am, mannish. Then they gave me this offensive picture of what I guess they summarize to be the physical representation of my answers:


WHAT IS THAT?!

That is just about ugliest man/woman ( in a business suit!) I have seen in cartoon form or any form for that matter. Furthermore, if I were not a confident person, I think I would be crushed if someone told me that this is what they conjureded up from a quiz I took.

Then I realized that I took this same test in college. My whole lab took it and back then I got "76% were more female than your answers." This means that over the years I have matured into a...man. Hmm...I don't like this one bit. So upon telling Katie and Alison in lab, they said, "It's like you had a little teenager moustache in college and now you have a full beard. " Yes. That IS what this quiz is telling me. It's telling me this is the transformation I have made.


So for a while I was a little miffed by this test. How dare they say I look or resemble (either in spirit or internet quizzes) like a horrific man/woman (and I certainly DO NOT wear business suits!). Then I thought about many of the questions and I find that they are really unintelligent. For example, one of the questions is "Is a clam alive?" Apparently most men said NO while most women said yes. Well, maybe this test should be re-named "Are you remotely intelligent?" I'm being a little mean but really, see for yourself, the questions are a bit silly and definitely arbitrary.

And just to clarify, I do NOT have a moustache or a beard. (Oh the beauty of Photoshop....) Although after this picture, tonight I may not have a husband either. (Oh, and Josh, this may actually be worse than the one Mike put up.)

11 Comments:

  • Oh my - those pictures are too funny! Based on the low masculinity from pDNA, I wonder how Vijay would score on this test.

    By Blogger Colleen, At 9:01 AM  

  • Haha...Vijay, take the test!

    By Blogger hkim, At 12:06 PM  

  • the hair on you looks better than mike and i with moustaches.

    i thought i was deemed asexual?

    By Blogger paducci, At 3:04 PM  

  • That's because you and Mike had these ridiculous Salvador Dali-esq/cartoony moustaches. Those never look real. And they were made with a $1 eyeliner I picked up at Duane Read. Mine, it is fancy...being made from the finest of Adobe products.

    Yes, I think the pDNA results suggested you were like an earthworm, hermaphoditic, but not usually self-mating. But would the test be able to assign you a gender is the question. However since this test is more of an "Are you remotely intelligent?" mixed with "Do you like really meaningless questions?," I don't know if this is the best forum for gender guessing.

    By Blogger hkim, At 4:10 PM  

  • I.... can never look at you the same way again. After seeing those pictures of you with that beard. That's seriously one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. That's like worse than that scene in Se7en... yeah. You know the one.

    Anyway. I took the test. I love this question:

    Which word is grosser?
    Moist
    Used

    Me thinks: moist.

    I also love this question:

    In a certain light, nuclear war would be exciting.
    True
    False

    (True!)

    Oh and, my results:
    I'm a MAN! Woohoo. "1% more male than you — 0% like you — 99% more female than you"

    Strangly the picture is the same as yours...

    But this test must be accurate because is acknowledges that 0% are like me.

    By Blogger dan, At 7:53 PM  

  • What's going on here is bizarre. My son married a hot Asian girl & that's got to be at least 85% in the right direction. Maybe it's your muscular calves of which we're all so envious. JHH

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:45 PM  

  • you looked very cool in your college years, i must say. however, beards are my realm; enter and be defeated!

    dan, which scene in se7en would you be talking about? the one where morgan freeman breaks his metronome?

    By Blogger josh, At 3:56 PM  

  • btw hyunmi, i love the knew description of your blog. it could almost be mine, word for word. particularly the reference to the greatest childrens' book ever.

    By Blogger josh, At 3:57 PM  

  • haha. that's "new" and not "knew."

    By Blogger josh, At 3:57 PM  

  • Those destined for greatness make that book their source of inspiration and motivation. Obviously we are meant for greatness.

    By Blogger hkim, At 10:22 PM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home