Random Musing and Adventures

Thursday, March 09, 2006

WHY Hot Asian girls and Geeky White men?

This was the title of a post I came across in the NYC craigslist. It made me laugh out loud.

Yesterday I went to the movies and for some reason there were so many interracial couples (asian girls and white guys) milling about the theatre. Now I've got to admit that I've never dated an Asian girl before but since I've gotten (in NYC for only 4 months now) here my eyes have been opened to the fact that many of them are just, well, Hot! So, I'm in the movie theatre and couple after couple are just some of the saddest pairings I've ever seen; a hot asian girl with a DORK of a white guy. I mean I understand if this was one, or two couples but it seemed to be the rule. One of the guys was like fat and bald and wearing a members only jacket. Another was clearly 20years older than the really cute asian girl and looked like he just came out of a homeless shelter! Yet another was dressed in a really cheap suit and dirty payless shoes and holding hands with a real asian hotty. Not only did her borrow her cell phone 2x online but SHE PAID. I later saw her buying him a bevy of concessions. I'm just wondering what the hell is going on here? I look at these girls and they are attractive. I've taken piano lessons before so I know asians are smart. Maybe Asian women just like dorks, or guys who take advantage of them? It was clear that none of these guys could ever get a date with a normal white girl that's for sure. Maybe Asian women look deeper and maybe these guys had a lot to offer? I don't know. Can someone tell me what's going on here? Maybe that's why in 4 months I'm yet to meet/date (not that I've tried) an asian girl here. They are all taken by the social misfits of the city! Are there any cute asians out there that like attractive, tall, built, educated white men that have their own cell phone, will pay for the date, and doesn't look like a chubby Woody Allen?

I think my favorite part is the, "I've taken piano lessons before so I know asians are smart." Really? Is that how you know that they're smart? Any other inferences you would like to make? I also like the descriptions of these male social misfits. I have to give this guy credit for creativity and humor but check minuses for his inductive reasoning skills. Maybe women who pay do so because they are independent, like to have some level of control or just want to because it's a nice gesture. Maybe Asian women look deeper at a person's personality, but let's face the hard truth. There are many women willing to look "deeper" and date an "unattractive" man because he has something to offer....like money or status. It doesn't necessarily have to do with having a kind and loving heart and it certainly has nothing to do with being Asian. And you know what, geeks are cool. So cool that I, an Asian female, married one (geeky white male). Still, it was a humerous post and it has the overtones of people in my social circle (making this guy uncreepy) which made reading this extra enjoyable.

My advice to this guy- There are a lot of unattractive people in this world (physically, morally, mentally...) and as I get older, I am starting to realize that there actually is someone for everyone. Therefore, I think you notice the unattractive paired with the attractive people more often than anything else. So I am sure you will find your girl (Asian or not) to fufill you dreams. If not, well, I guess I was wrong about the someone-for-everyone comment.

Oh yeah, I probably just opened myself up as a hit for many bizzaro Google searches.

7 Comments:

  • he has yellow fever. the girls he calls 'hotties' are probably not, but look like it to him. i am not suggesting this as a theory, i'm stating this as a fact. he says things that suggest it is not the case, but he's just obfuscating, prevaricating, etc.

    By Blogger dan, At 10:48 PM  

  • the guy he described in "a cheap suit and dirty payless shoes" could very well have been me, given my penchant for fashion indifference (to put it mildly).

    however, he clearly shows his metrosexuality for being able to tell what a cheap suit is, and identifying those shoes as originating from payless. therefore, i laugh at him not once, but twice.

    why? because i gots me an asian hotty, and i only dress nicer than the guy he mocked if my hotty is around.

    :)

    By Blogger josh, At 8:19 AM  

  • Oh! Yellow fever. This is a hemorrhagic illness. I think he was too busy bleeding out from his eyes and organs to see that they were in fact not hotties.

    Josh- i was also thinking that the guy in a cheap suit and dirty payless shoes could have been Mike. Then I realized that I never buy a bevy of consessions and that I am not "a real asian hotty." I wear track pants and my hobo jacket too often to be considered a hottie. Maybe a hottie in disguise? Yilin on the other hand...quite the Asian hottie and always so fancy!

    By Blogger hkim, At 11:28 AM  

  • Okay Hot Asian Girl, is this some sneaky round-a-bout way of you calling my son a dork? JHH

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:24 PM  

  • He may always be looking around and wondering Why them? and Why Not Me? So this guy sees what he wants to see and believes in what elevates himself. It's all about appearances. agnes

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:59 PM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:52 PM  

  • I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Answering service in new orleans

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home