Random Musing and Adventures

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Guggenheim Dance Party

Last night Katie told me about a party at the Guggenheim, more specifically, a dance party. Well, this sounded fancy and so we signed up for the RSVP list through FlavorPill and decided to meet at around 10pm. Since I haven't been going out much lately (Aside from the gym [Though I have to say I love LOVE my gym class on Thursdays. My instructor is so awesome.] I really don't do much on the weeknights.) and the recent events of being sick and looking like a disheveled bag lady wasn't making me feel very good. Not to mention we went to The Stokes concert this week and left before the encore because we were both too tired. (Yeah it's lame, but I really did not like the fact that people were smoking and I was coughing up a lung. The concert was great however.)

So I wanted to do something fun. Dance party at the Guggenheim with Carlos D from the Interpol as the DJ? Sounds great! I have to say I was met with hesitation from Mike who dislikes really loud events and crowds (haha...You're living in NYC!). To his defense, he has been really overworked lately. I left lab at 8pm and went home to get partied up! By 8.30 I was out the door to meet Mike at the gym so we could get dinner. My mistake was to eat New England Clam Chowder (my favorite!) for dinner. Why? Because I am lactose intolerant and boy oh boy, did that do a number on me.

We make it to the party and it's pretty cool. It's so interesting to people watch and I have to say that the crowd was largely Caucasians and Asians. Our being on the list got us in faster and allowed us to get free beer in the VIP room. Fancy. Katie, Jonah and Matt were already there. We walked to the top, hung out, got my free Budweiser Select (so gross), then decided to dance. It was fun. I love dancing, especially to really good indie rock/80's. However, I couldn't stop burping from the soup. I was being discrete about it, but the smell was so rank that I noticed people looking around thinking, "Man! What the hell is that?!" Oops. Finally, Mike pulls me aside and says, "Is that you burping?" I start laughing. He says in such a serious way, "You really have to stop. It's so beyond gross. I think it's making me sick. And I think Katie thinks it's me." HAHA!
Sorry. It was a fun night, though it was a short night. And if anyone else was made sick by my burps, I am most sorry. I'll have to go out again some night, but no milk products beforehand.

5 Comments:

  • For the record, I had a slight cold and couldn't smell your bodily odors. Don't worry Mike, you're safe! Glad you guys made it out. Some night I'll get you to stay out until 6am with me :)

    By Blogger Katie, At 3:20 PM  

  • i didn't get to bed until 530am today.

    By Blogger paducci, At 6:06 PM  

  • I heard the Guggenheim was closed on Sunday. They thought they had a gas leak - some strange odor. JHH

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:02 AM  

  • I heard the Guggenheim was closed on Sunday. They thought they had a gas leak - some strange odor. JHH

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:02 AM  

  • Keep up the good work » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home