Random Musing and Adventures

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Pillows will decide your nightly fate

Recovering from a cold is no fun. This is especially true if you are particularity bad about being sick. I can't make myself take naps (irrespective of NyQuil) and did NOT go home early on Friday as I had planned. I am much better, but I do have a HORRIBLE cough and because of this I did not run the race on Saturday. Mike, on the other hand, had his personal best. It was great. I have to say though, I was very sad not to be able to run. It was especially sad when I had to hand my chip during the race since I was not running it. The race volunteer I spoke with mentioned that I could walk it. (I think he knew that I was sad.) When I told him "no" because I have had two asthma attacks induced from the coughing, he told me I could take a free apple if I wanted. I sadly looked at him and in a small voice said, "No, the apples are for winners." Then I walked away. I race next week and hopefully I will feel great by then.

Today we woke up early and went to the gym and got lunch at Little Poland. While walking over to 3rd Ave, I noticed a strange item in a drugstore window. It was two little satin pillows with "tonight" and "not tonight" written on them. They looked much like these.

Now, if you buy these I suppose you use bought them to, err, inform you partner of the nightly status. I personally would find these pillow messages offensive. Moreover, I think they are incredibly cheesy. Nothing screams CHEESE louder than specialty satin novelty bed pillows. And how is someone suppose to react if the "not tonight" pillow is on the bed. It's like getting dumped at the prom or on the A train. The harsh coldness that it implies is well, harsh. [Baby, tonight, you get nothing...Not even words.]

Who came up with such a thing. I would only buy it if I intentionally wanted to be mean...or funny at the cost of someone's emotions (hence be mean).
What a terrible idea...

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home