Random thoughts and events
In other happier news, here is a random list of things that either have happened or are planned.
- Recently, I have been on a big brussel sprout kick. I've been incorporating them (mostly in the sauteed form) into casseroles and salmon dishes.
- Today I had to make a figure using Adobe Illustrator while listening to KEXP. I think it came out pretty good. Here's a part of it:

If you understood this figure, we need to talk.
-Happy St. Patty's Day. A bunch of us plan on drinking some McSorely's tonight.
- The other day I bought The Best of George Michael while at Borders with Alison. She deemed me "loser" and decided to run off in the store while hugging her new Asian friend, Margaret Cho. I also purchased Gwen Stefani's Love. Angel. Music. Baby. All was forgiven. We both wanted to go see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs then realized that we will be in Philly for a meeting. Science really interferes with my life.
- I had a serious case of Barbie arms after lifting chest and triceps a little too vigorously. In case you don't know what I am referring to, it's when your arms are so tired that they cannot be raised (In my case to shampoo my hair. I had to smush my arms against the tiled wall to raise them.) resulting in a fixed old school Barbie-esq form. [Only the arms though...I don't resemble Barbie in any other way. Even my feet are too big and my head is really small.]
- I am so excited! Today Trader Joe's opened in Union Sq. but it's a good thing I didn't go as it was a mad house and...AND...the Shake Shack is opening next week! Fancy! Shake that thing at the Shake Shack (Ok. I made that up but I am so excited that I am doing a little dance.)
- Tomorrow Mike, Vijay and I plan on hiking a good portion of the NJ AT. It will be a long day hike and we plan on ending and coming back to NYC to hit up Corner Bistro (after some lab work of course). This means more McSorely's Dark Ale.
- We are planning our vacation this year and plan on hiking the MA AT. This is a great endeavor since Mike and I have very few vacation days this year (i hope, i hope, i hope i get permission to write...) and Vijay has a million things to do before he becomes a francophile. This is a 90mile hike and are trying to plan it out so we can hike it in 7 days. My massive Asian quadriceps and calves are ready. I can't wait.
Well this is all the news I can currently think to report. Actually, there is more but I have a time point and well, you know how the rest goes.

7 Comments:
I am curious about brussel sprouts. My mom is an incredible cook, but I don't believe I've ever had a brussel sprout, or even seen one in the house. Mayhaps one day you can feed me a sprout, to educate me.
I think your figure looks vaguely dirty. I could explain, in person. But there are lots of phallic suggestions, and a pretty obvious reference to testicles. Just what sort of lab do you work in?
By
dan, At
9:34 PM
did you change your blog's title? i still think it should be 'i am swift'
By
dan, At
9:34 PM
I will most definitely make you brussel sprouts. Then perhaps when you are famous you can tell people that I let you set things on fire in my lab and fed you brussel sprouts.
I would like to hear as to how my figure is "dirty."
I did change my blog title and stuff. I was getting bored with it.
I think the title "I am swift" is much better...
By
hkim, At
12:11 AM
i understand your figure. i also see some things that maybe could be improved for clarity's sake. we can talk. :)
hope that mcsorley's was good, and lab work was better.
josh
By
josh, At
7:53 PM
You'll have to tell me what I should change since the figure goes out Monday. I will be in contact.
Lab work was good. My brain is coming up with some new ideas and experiments. Always tricky business.
By
hkim, At
8:17 PM
there was no mcsorley's, as it would've been crazy crowded. i too, have never had brussel sprouts
the figure looks like those things you seein grade school of reproductive systems...without the straight lines and such tho.
By
paducci, At
11:04 AM
exactly.
and hyunmi, in that possible-but-highly-improbably future that sees my book published, you will of course be thanked, as will the Christiano Lab.
By
dan, At
4:11 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home