Best Burger in Town
Can be found at the Duncraggen. That's right. Last night I went to Fairway and decided to make burgers for dinner (this is what's up next). But these were no ordinary burgers. These were lamburgers- a 1:1 ratio of organic beef to lamb. I seasoned them with fresh pressed garlic, parsley, rosemary, crushed chili peppers, sea salt, cracked pepper, and lemon juice. Toped with American cheese, Grey Poupon, a lightly futtered (fake butter) and toasted Kaiser roll with mixed green, tomatoes and red onions. For a side, I made sugar snap peas, grilled zucchini, and sweet potato fries (ok, I cheated with the fries). Oh yeah, and a nice cold Newcastle. Damn that was a good meal. With the left over lamburger meat, I added some fresh grated Parmesan reggiano and rolled them up into meatballs for a future dish.
My original plan was to add bacon to the burger. Mike thought that was a bit decadent...I thought the idea of three animals in one bite was pretty impressive. Like the Turducken, only better. Maybe not...that turducken looks pretty good.
My original plan was to add bacon to the burger. Mike thought that was a bit decadent...I thought the idea of three animals in one bite was pretty impressive. Like the Turducken, only better. Maybe not...that turducken looks pretty good.

9 Comments:
A-HEM.
I believe a lamburger is made entirely of lamb. Or so say the top few hits on Google.
I'd say you had made some form of Frankenbuger, like a Moolamburger.
By
vimal, At
9:09 AM
Yeah I know, but it could be lamb+hambuger. I was too lazy to come up with a more creative name. And if I had to come up with a creative one, I guess Moo-bleet-burger.
By
hkim, At
10:21 AM
That Turducken is the grossest food product I have seen in a while. It's things like that that keep pushing me closer and closer to being a vegetarian.
By
Katie, At
10:22 AM
The Turducken is actually tasty. I had it once. It's all about how you cook it. Any meat product looks really gross when you buy it (Have you seen a pork picnic with the bone? Or hocks? Or chicken as they are eviserating them? All gross (especially when you do it yourself)) but very tasty in the end.
By
hkim, At
11:04 AM
bacon is never decadent.
By
josh, At
12:20 PM
that's a damn good burger.
By
paducci, At
1:14 PM
I will testify: The burgers were amazing.
I'm all about about trying them with bacon. In fact, I suggested she make them with bacon next time (yes yes, I am one lucky man).
I resisted the bacon because my diet had been a bit bacon heavy the previous week.
By
Michael Halas, At
8:17 PM
Keep up the good work » » »
By
Anonymous, At
1:30 PM
Best regards from NY! » »
By
Anonymous, At
11:47 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home