Adults Night Out
In celebration of Katie's birthday, I had bought tickets to see The Magic Numbers at Webster Hall. Mike defected and so the ticket was passed on to Alison. So last night, we headed to Union Sq. for dinner at Republic (the curry duck noodles are so good) and then off to the show. The opening band was good, but the headliner was better. I really like the Magic Numbers, but sometimes (By this I'm referring to an extended period of standing) the repetition in their songs can get a little taxing. But it's done clever enough that just as you are thinking, "this part is getting a little old," they switch it up and.. Voila! It' s new beat. (Well, at least a good variation.)
What I was most surprised by last night was the percentage of older adults in the crowd. By older, I mean mid 40's and beyond. They were really into it (good for them!). The strangest was this pair of older men standing right next to me. One was dressed like a Beatnik and was dancing wildly (waving arms, stamping feet, head bopping and the finger-spread -feverish hand clapping combo) while his partner in crime was doing a slight variation of the chicken dance. (We saw him warming up, so to speak, before the band came on.)
It was fun and The Magic Numbers seem like such a sincere, cheerful bunch that it makes you like them even more.
What I was most surprised by last night was the percentage of older adults in the crowd. By older, I mean mid 40's and beyond. They were really into it (good for them!). The strangest was this pair of older men standing right next to me. One was dressed like a Beatnik and was dancing wildly (waving arms, stamping feet, head bopping and the finger-spread -feverish hand clapping combo) while his partner in crime was doing a slight variation of the chicken dance. (We saw him warming up, so to speak, before the band came on.)
It was fun and The Magic Numbers seem like such a sincere, cheerful bunch that it makes you like them even more.

3 Comments:
What a great site Rayon mitsubishi Call center cross selling philippines Kirby vacuum cleaner users guide ge phones with headsets Voip wireless headsets 50mp camera digital kodak z740
By
Anonymous, At
1:44 PM
Enjoyed a lot! » » »
By
Anonymous, At
3:27 PM
Very nice site! hair removal Sex traffic review 1995 mitsubishi eclipse Honda odyssey wallpaper
By
Anonymous, At
8:22 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home