Random Musing and Adventures

Monday, April 03, 2006

My second favorite day of the year

This weekend was Daylight Savings which marks my second favorite day of the year. (The first being Thanksgiving.) Seeing daylight past 6pm always puts me in a good mood and strangely enough, I am more likely to work late and feel ok about it. Plus I love leaving lab to run in Central Park, then go back to work and have it only be 8pm. Phototherapy does wonderful things.
The main reason for DST? Energy conservation.

5 Comments:

  • I hated it. It made me som imserable yesterday. I woke up and got to work around 9am, only to realize it was 10am. It's like I'd lost a full hour of work without doing anything. I guess tho, seeing as I got little done yesterday, it spared me an hour of banging my head against the proverbial wall... hmmm... I guess in that light, then, I quite liked the day. Okay nevermind. I agree with you.

    By Blogger dan, At 2:19 PM  

  • See? Only good thi ngs come with DST. HOwever, I am incredibly disappointed at the weather today. I can't enjoy the later sunset if it's cloudy ALL day.

    By Blogger hkim, At 6:55 PM  

  • i love daylight savings time. daylight is being saved so we can live better lives.

    By Blogger paducci, At 8:18 PM  

  • I want it to rain and be miserable throughout April. It'll help me work if it's not nice outside.

    By Blogger dan, At 5:52 PM  

  • It snowed today... I thought my prayers had paid off and we were going to have a blizzard

    By Blogger dan, At 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home