Happy Birthday to me
Birthdays are kind of a big deal in my family. We always make it a point to get together. This past weekend we all met at my parents' place and so essentially it's like my birthday already happened.
But this day is extra special because it is my last day of work before I run off into the woods where I will love it and hate it (only on the excrutiating downhills and asthma attack inducing uphills) but will NEVER return. Well, maybe a quick jaunt to a nearby town for a shower and beer is in order...but other than that, it's woods-ONLY. This is my birthday wish. Actually, I have several and here is a short list (this list is completely selfish -something I think is acceptable on one's birthday- so nothing like, "I want world peace.")
1. Go on vacation for an indefinite amount of time. During this vacation period, I will climb, hike and actually use my sewing machine for the pants I started, but never finished.
2. Magically get hair that isn't super straight or super black so I can do things like dye it and get bangs. (Bangs, I have been told by Mike, are forbidden since they never look good. Since I have never had them, I think it would be fun.)
3. Grow a little taller so I can stop chopping off about 5in of every pair of pants I buy.
4. Finally find a pair of jeans that fit (my current pair finally got a HUGE rip under the back pocket. It is a bit obscene. But what's more obscene is how I look in any jeans with lycra in them...think wet suit...Katie can testify.)
5. Graduate.
I think these are all possible. Oh...Happy Birthday to me...
But this day is extra special because it is my last day of work before I run off into the woods where I will love it and hate it (only on the excrutiating downhills and asthma attack inducing uphills) but will NEVER return. Well, maybe a quick jaunt to a nearby town for a shower and beer is in order...but other than that, it's woods-ONLY. This is my birthday wish. Actually, I have several and here is a short list (this list is completely selfish -something I think is acceptable on one's birthday- so nothing like, "I want world peace.")
1. Go on vacation for an indefinite amount of time. During this vacation period, I will climb, hike and actually use my sewing machine for the pants I started, but never finished.
2. Magically get hair that isn't super straight or super black so I can do things like dye it and get bangs. (Bangs, I have been told by Mike, are forbidden since they never look good. Since I have never had them, I think it would be fun.)
3. Grow a little taller so I can stop chopping off about 5in of every pair of pants I buy.
4. Finally find a pair of jeans that fit (my current pair finally got a HUGE rip under the back pocket. It is a bit obscene. But what's more obscene is how I look in any jeans with lycra in them...think wet suit...Katie can testify.)
5. Graduate.
I think these are all possible. Oh...Happy Birthday to me...

6 Comments:
yes, happy birthday to you. :)
i think that bangs are awful. the only time bangs look good is when all of a woman's hair is the length of the bangs. but then they aren't really bangs, are they? no, and that is why only under such circumstances do they look good.
perhaps women think bangs look good, just like they think really pointy shoes and toe cleavage look good. so then, who are you cutting your hair for? you? women? mike? hmmmm...
if yilin ever gets bangs i am growing my mustache again. and i won't start with a full beard. i will specifically grow only the hair on my upper lip, so that it is obvious that i am growing a mustache. (i just thought of this, so i should warn her...)
By
josh, At
2:37 PM
I do not like pointy shoes. But I have nothing against bangs. I have been witness to good looking bangs. I can attest to this.
I can also attest to the fact I have wished Mrs. Kim-Halas a happy birthday already. But I will do so again: happy birthday!
By
dan, At
7:03 PM
I don't like pointy shoes either, but trend is a powerful thing and I got sucked into buying one pair. Needless to say, they are horribly uncomfortable. I was hoping this trend will go away soon, but it's not happening. Now my flat toe shoes seem so not trendy even I thought they were as trendy as the pointy shoes a couple years ago. This is why women have so many shoes. I hope flat toe shoes will come back in style one day, but it probably won't happen before I toss them out without wearing them enough.. and even if they do come back in style, it would probably be slightly different just so that I have to buy new shoes again..
By
家珊 and 風藍司主誇, At
2:07 PM
Happy belated birthday Hummus! I hope much fun is being had in the woods. Find a baby wolf and raise him among humans.
By
anna, At
10:02 AM
i am now a proponent of hut to hut hiking in the US.
By
paducci, At
5:57 PM
Keep up the good work
»
By
Anonymous, At
10:45 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home