Downward spiral
Bad things happen when you become consumed. Rather, if you have the type of personality of focusing your entire mind and energy on the task at hand, you will eventually find yourself in a downward spiral. For example, I have been working (as have lots of other people in the lab) on the grant directly related to my thesis. This mean lots of data compilation, writing and figure making. Today I had to make 22 figures starting at 5pm. Not that bad because many of them were half made. But because I am so picky, I could not settle on taking certain figures from reviews and the web. No. I re-made them. All of them. Illustrator and Photoshop are my new best friends (esp considering Mike is in Boston). As a result, I forgot to move to for about 4 hours. I mean, I rolled myself over to get a tissue now and then, but I didn't really move. Upon finishing about 5 mins ago, I looked at my foot and found it to be bluish white from the lack of blood. Also, I pulled a muscle in my neck! This is sad. Also, I have consumed more nuts than recommended and have been singing My Humps ( with a little chair dancing, but only waist and above) over and over again.
I finally went to the bathroom and looked at myself and saw a slightly bloated face, pasty (How did I get pasty!?) and devoid of life. I looked the way a cartoonist might depict a computer dork. Like dorky computer programmers/engineers. Boy am I glad I didn't chose that life. Undoubtedly, I would lose my natural yellow pigment and wither away to nothing...
What you gon' do with all that junk?All that junk inside your trunk?
I finally went to the bathroom and looked at myself and saw a slightly bloated face, pasty (How did I get pasty!?) and devoid of life. I looked the way a cartoonist might depict a computer dork. Like dorky computer programmers/engineers. Boy am I glad I didn't chose that life. Undoubtedly, I would lose my natural yellow pigment and wither away to nothing...
What you gon' do with all that junk?All that junk inside your trunk?

11 Comments:
Well, you may not be pasty now, but you use to be. And all engineers are not pasty...look at Vimal.
Totally off the topic, but when I finally got home last night, I flipped through the channels to see if there was anything on and "Sleepless in Seattle" was on, which I had never seen. I saw about 40mins of it and boy is it TERRIBLE.
By
hkim, At
2:46 PM
Oh yeah, and nice of you to comment Joe.
By
hkim, At
2:47 PM
Pasty is the new tan
By
vimal, At
9:21 AM
There actually is a shirt (as I saw in my Shape magazine the other day) that says, "Pale is the new tan" in an effort to prevent people from frying their skin and getting skin cancer.
By
hkim, At
1:10 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
paducci, At
5:01 PM
I called Hyunmi Saturday afternoon, and she had just woken up.
By
paducci, At
5:01 PM
Hey! I had been working from 9am-3/4am for the past 3 nights! I didn't have to be in work until 1pm on Saturday, so I slept in. Plus I took a Lunesta which knocked me out for a good straight 9 hours.
Forget you!
I work up this morning totally confused and thought that I had to get back to work but realized that the grant went out! Then I tried to run 9 miles and failed due to excessive heat and ran 5.5 instead. And my comptuter didn't take eons to boot up this morning. It just doesn't like requests from you.
By
hkim, At
10:24 PM
you tried to run 9 miles? at once? was there a race?
the second thing i do when i graduate is get a tan. i have gotten a modicum of color once or twice in the past 7 years, but nothing that approaches a tan. i will make up for all that lost time, and get an ubertan. i will be the color of wesley snipes.
By
josh, At
1:28 PM
Come to Casa Kim-Halas and you will get a tan. You can help me garden then we will lay out on beach chairs drinking cold beers.
By
hkim, At
1:30 PM
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Free zocor information research done on call centers Sunbeam infrared quartz heater Debt consolidation colorado springs
By
Anonymous, At
4:56 PM
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! video surveillance cameras Prescription protonix rebate Jvc gr d33us mini dv camcorder travel industry association Montgomery mall lliberty travel Vardenafil no prescription needed Reel deal slots Portant a roulette http://www.wholesale-furnitures-floride.info/comforto-office-furniture.html British columbia lotteries april 2006 united states allegra order online http://www.wedding-invitations-and-cheap.info/Examples-of-50th-wedding-anniversity-invitations.html Benefits of waterbed 1995 oldsmobile auroa 6 shelf cherry bookcase buy paxil Low blood pressure raise Mundale wheel chair roof rack Perfume paloma picasso colognes colognes aftershaves Tramadol information from drugs.com
By
Anonymous, At
6:54 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home