Random Musing and Adventures

Friday, September 29, 2006

CYHSY

Last night I (with my little sister) had the privilege of going to see CYHSY. They were awesome and did not take getting use to. Only a philistine would say as such. It was amazing. But I have to say adding to the event was the overall atmosphere (sans cigarette smoke which, like the old lady I am, only aggravated my asthma). The concert was in Rumsey Playfield where they hold all the SummerStage concerts in Central Park. It's like a 5 min walk from my apt. The night was cool and crisp and the music was...an experience. Imagine listening to one of your favorite albums in the middle of your favorite city, more specifically, in the middle of your favorite part of your favorite city. I closed my eyes and took it all in. Then my sister, who really didn't listen to them much before going last night, leaned over and said, "This guy is singing bad on purpose." Perhaps. But he does it so well. Their transitions were great and when he sang, "I - Will try on New York City" everyone shouted. It was great.

It was also a little weird listening/watching them perform in CP. Their album is one of my long run albums and so being at a concert in my running stomping grounds made be feel like I should be running. No, it made me want to run. Anyway, they were fantastic. If you aren't already a fan, I strongly suggest giving them a listen.

1 Comments:

  • i heart the cyhsy cd.

    that day there were lots of concerts

    lots of bands.

    lots of performances.

    and the difference between the show before cyhsy and cyhsy...took some getting used to!

    By Blogger paducci, At 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home