No beer for you!
I went for a run tonight in CP and decided to pick up the last few items I need for dinner on my way back home. I step into the grocery store all sweaty (and wearing the most obscene pair of bright yellow short shorts [it was laundry day today]) and immediately decide that I want beer. I peruse the selection before deciding on Brooklyn Brown Ale. I then pick up my tofu and go to the self check out. The little automated lady voice informs me that my ID will be checked by the attendant. I dig in my tiny pocket (which looks even more obscene because it's in the inside of my shorts) and find no ID. I have an ATM card and my insurance card. The attended immediately takes the beer out of my hands as I try to explain that I just came back from a run and says loudly, "No ID, no beer. And you can't fool me, you're not a day over 21." As much as I would like to think I am retaining my youth, I do NOT look 21 or younger. Then the older lady behind me starts tsk tsking and whispers, "trying to buy beer..." while giving me a reproachful look.
Furthermore, what kind of sub-21er buys tofu and goes running with an insurance card? Stinkers.
I had seltzer instead.
Furthermore, what kind of sub-21er buys tofu and goes running with an insurance card? Stinkers.
I had seltzer instead.

7 Comments:
That's hilarious. Especially the woman behind you tsk tsking. I would've punched her.
You have a habit of wearing aweful jogging pants in public, don't you.
By
dan, At
11:14 PM
They are mostly awful for three reasons:
1) I wear them up high, like mom pants. I find them most comfortable there.
2) I buy the cheap kind and they tend to be a bit more unflattering than the expensive kind.
3) I do not have a butt and so the floppy cut of the shorts tends to billow in the behind for me, making it look like I have a really fat bottom.
By
hkim, At
8:25 AM
going through my thousands of pictures today, i came across the one during my random day in NYC, where i met up with you and katie wearing those weird tights, and standing in front of the hospital.
dreadful.
those people are dumb.
By
paducci, At
12:23 AM
hyunmi, you should've told the attendant that you don't need to be a day over 21 to buy beer, only 21! you could've said, you're right! today is my 21st birthday, so give me my beer!
alternately, you could've punched one in the face while kicking the other, and then ran away with the beer.
By
josh, At
11:58 AM
This is true Josh (I mean the latter suggestion as that is the one I thought of doing), but then I would be in jail and I don't want to have to go to the bathroom in front of people.
Vijay, what was wrong with my spandex? I wore it just for you...
By
hkim, At
2:54 PM
Hmmm, Josh, perhaps you would like my job :)
By
Michael Halas, At
8:37 PM
I want to see some ID to make sure my son didn't rob the cradle. And as for the woman behind you, punching is so passe. You should use a taser.
John H
By
Anonymous, At
5:59 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home