A failed BBQ but a successful party and year of marriage
This weekend we had a get together, intending a BBQ party at the apt. The perpetual rain, however, had other plans for us (thanks Ernesto) and because the UBS Gallery is open from M-F (9-6- really, who can make those hours!), we had to come up with other pre-party/dinner plans. So, naturally, the Brooklyn Brewery was my first pick because, well, it's fun, it's a free tour (it use to be a matzo factory!)and the beer is really good and cheap. I have to say the Brown Ale is my favorite, though the Weiss is a close second. I generally don't like IPAs, but this one was pretty good. Anyway, Bena (our new neighbor!), Vimal and Joe came out and headed to Brooklyn. Here we had several beers and I scored an awesome funky jacket from the thrift shop for eight bucks! The rain was non-stop, though not heavy all the time, but enough to keep us from hanging out in the backyard. Therefore, we had an indoor burgers/hotdogs party complete with 7 Layer Dip, feta-tomato-basil-lemon orzo salad, falafels and baba ganoush from Sido, a peanut butter cheesecake and a homemade peanut butter mousse black bottom pie (I will definitely be making this again).
It was great having Joe back (you have been so missed-though many [including myself] are upset at not having a Western outpost anymore) and a get together was long over due. Vijay wasn't around and his presence was sorely missed. Mike and I plan on having another get-together, this time it WILL be in the backyard.
The next day was our one year anniversary! Mike had schedules massages at Equinox and man, did I need one. This masseuse was excellent. He totally worked my shoulders, neck and back and did this one thing that actually lowered my one shoulder. It felt awesome. We then sat in the park, went for a four mile run and out to Little Poland in the East Village for dinner. Wow...I can't believe it's been a year...I mean, we're still just kids... (haha!)
I've posted pics, but there are a combination of apt pics, the half marathon, Brooklyn Brewery and indoor BBQ, and general happenings. Enjoy.
And with that, I retire. (Yes yes, it's early, but I want to go for a very early bike ride.)
It was great having Joe back (you have been so missed-though many [including myself] are upset at not having a Western outpost anymore) and a get together was long over due. Vijay wasn't around and his presence was sorely missed. Mike and I plan on having another get-together, this time it WILL be in the backyard.
The next day was our one year anniversary! Mike had schedules massages at Equinox and man, did I need one. This masseuse was excellent. He totally worked my shoulders, neck and back and did this one thing that actually lowered my one shoulder. It felt awesome. We then sat in the park, went for a four mile run and out to Little Poland in the East Village for dinner. Wow...I can't believe it's been a year...I mean, we're still just kids... (haha!)
I've posted pics, but there are a combination of apt pics, the half marathon, Brooklyn Brewery and indoor BBQ, and general happenings. Enjoy.
And with that, I retire. (Yes yes, it's early, but I want to go for a very early bike ride.)

6 Comments:
secret plans!
By
paducci, At
10:28 PM
oh man, that looked like it was so much fun. i think this pic is the kind of thing I miss most. just chillaxin and hanging out.
By
paducci, At
10:32 PM
Oh, there are secret plans...so secret :)
soon, vijay, soon we wil be chillaxin together, making secret plans.
By
hkim, At
9:05 AM
that dip was really good. you need to plan more things at your place, so that we can eat dip again.
it was a truly memorable dip.
i just ate lunch and thinking of the dip made me hungry again.
did I mention how good the dip was?
By
dan, At
1:43 PM
The party looked like fun. Looking through the pics, I was very excited to see some from the marathon. Mike, I have never seen you look more sporty! haha. The apartment looks great. I keep meaning to stop by...but I'm a bad friend.
By
Katie, At
3:33 PM
Hama has been awaiting your arrival, especially since I told him you woul dbring him brownies and play with the Lincoln Logs with him.
Bad friend to Hama, you are.
By
hkim, At
6:35 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home