Weekend Update
It's been a busy weekend. On Saturday morning, Mike and I got up to run a 4mile race in Central Park. What made this race particularly terrible was the humidity. It was about 73F with 94% humidity when the race started at 8.30am. Thankfully it didn't take me too long to finish nor did I have an asthma attack (as I have been prone to have on very humid race days [those inhalers are amazing!]). Afterwards, Mike and I separated ways; he to visit Mike McManigal with Vijay, and I to host (co-host with Lori) Alison's bridal shower at a great Mexican place called Maracas. This place is fantastic because for about 15 bucks, you get brunch and all you can drink frozen margaritas, bloody mary's and mimosas. I highly recommend this place. They were really accommodating for all 16 of us and even gave us a "celebration" tequila shot moment complete with blaring strobe lights, sombreros and a Polaroid picture. Mind you this celebration started at noon, so my 3pm, many people were tipsy. I am particularly proud of the favors I made-hot sauce bottles with specialized labels honoring Alison and her special pigs. Not your typical bridal shower.
Today is all about packing and work. Well, I guess packing is work, but not the kind that gets me closer to graduation. I am very uninhibited about getting rid of stuff. I think the get rid of stuff pile is getting bigger and bigger which makes me happier and happier. I don't know how people move entire houses. I want to be able to have as few things as possible and I never want to move again. And if I have to, then I am leaving the apt. with all the contents in it and moving with a sleeping bag and knapsack. Also, everything should be made of disintegrating materials. What, you don't want that blanket anymore? Add some water and watch it melt away. And it's great for the environment too!
Pics of Alison's shower
Today is all about packing and work. Well, I guess packing is work, but not the kind that gets me closer to graduation. I am very uninhibited about getting rid of stuff. I think the get rid of stuff pile is getting bigger and bigger which makes me happier and happier. I don't know how people move entire houses. I want to be able to have as few things as possible and I never want to move again. And if I have to, then I am leaving the apt. with all the contents in it and moving with a sleeping bag and knapsack. Also, everything should be made of disintegrating materials. What, you don't want that blanket anymore? Add some water and watch it melt away. And it's great for the environment too!
Pics of Alison's shower

8 Comments:
One of the photos in that picture set looks like a cartoon three-fingered hand. But since it's a photo, it looks very disturbing.
Moving is a plague unto manking. Governments ought to standardize furniture and severely punish people who do not maintain their's appropriately. Then when people move they can leave everything behind and find it exactly the same wherever they move to. Basically this would mean a world full of freshman dormitory sofas but, isn't it worth it to never have to move a sofa again?
By
dan, At
8:24 PM
How very...socialist like of you. Here you go, one goverment issued bed, couch, and dinnig set. Wait, where did you get that breadmaker?! We don't issue those...You are under arrest for violation of household goods ownership laws.
That's what your world would be like. But it would be nice to never have to move furniture again...
By
hkim, At
10:49 PM
I'm all for authoritarian government as long as I'm the one who gets to make the rules, to suit precisely my likes and dislikes.
I would also have some sort of televised punishment/death for uHaul employees who "fail" IQ tests.
To fail an IQ test would mean to have an IQ of, say, less than 100? 80? I generously estimate that only about 80% of uHaul employees would fall into this category.
By
dan, At
9:01 AM
moving is a foul endeavour.
By
paducci, At
8:22 PM
i have been... let's say "eccentric" in my moving habits. the last two times i have moved, i didn't use a motorized vehicle at all.
i either carried all of my stuff, or pushed it in giant plastic bins with wheels. want to get in better shape? move your stuff that way. ;)
By
josh, At
1:14 PM
I remember because I helped. Remember when we (well, you) realized that our pile of stuff on the furniture dolly wasn't going to make it past the gate? Then we decided to put the nasty Columbia mattress down on the sidewalk as to prevent you belongings from having to get dirty. That was so funny.
Also, I refuse to use the rolling bins from housing since they cause acute deafness. They are so loud that I am afraid someone will yell at me for noise pollution or put a cap in my ass (as is more likely given the area). I saw someone pushing one last night while at Dallas BBQ and I had to laugh. Ha!
By
hkim, At
9:51 PM
I mean, I was at Dallas BBQ. They weren't pushing it while they were at BBQ. They were on the sidewalk.
It would be more amusing if they were pushing it around the interior of BBQ however.
By
hkim, At
9:53 PM
Keep up the good work
free online powerpoint training pontiac 8 lug wheels http://www.cz-engagement-rings.info/Q-ray-ionized-bracelets.html Hardcore southern Repco sport exclusive 18 23 hardcore kitchen cabinet hardware hardcore gymnastics Cheap mountain vacations
By
Anonymous, At
3:38 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home