Random Musing and Adventures

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What Half-Marathon?

Recently, I went to CA for Alison's wedding (pics to soon follow) and for a short visit with my West Coast family. The wedding was beautiful and of course the dancing was fantastic. I was getting over a cold of some sort when I went out there and well, I caught something else and now I have a chest infection. That's right. I'm on the z-pack, which is reeking havoc on my digestive system. All in all it isn't that bad, but the half marathon is this Sunday. My training has been mediocre but at least I knew I could finish. My long run was 13miles and I ran it comfortably in 9min and 16 sec pace. I was happy with that. At this point, well, as long as my urges to be close to a bathroom subside, I think I will be okay but I won't c ome close to running my training pace. And it is suppose to be hot and humid on Sunday. Great.

But I will do the race, even if it takes bathroom breaks and walking to finish it. For those of you interested, the
race will be televised on abc at 7am on Sunday. Watch it! I'll be wearing my bright orange shorts and a bid that has "Hyunmi & Hama" written on it. Maybe you'll see me running off to the porta-potties. Wish me luck.

Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday Mike! I'll be making birthday pies tonight if anyone wants to stop in and have some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home