Random Musing and Adventures

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Killing time.

I got to work early and accomplished a good deal and so now I am bored. That's why I did the four things about me thing. 'Cause I had nothing else to do (that didn't require serious thinking) though normally I find these things pretty silly. But once I started, it made me think and dig deep in my brain, which is a time consuming project. Not that anyone really has made finding the answers to what my four jobs have been their life pursuit, but if you have, I grant you this:

Four jobs I've had:
1. Shopgirl in a clothing store
2. Busch Dining Hall server (I probably served most of you! I was always generous [hence yelled at] with mashed potato servings.)
3. Lab tech
4. Dry cleaners (and NO, it was not owned by Koreans!)

Four movies I can watch over and over : There aren't many movies I watch repetitively...
1. Sound of Music- I watched this with my sisters all the time when we were really little. We tried often to re-create the waltz. Oh, and I thought they were calling her "Baroness" because she couldn't have kids (hence marrying a man with 7 children). I thought it was really mean of the writers to do that.
2. Swiss Family Robinson- Again, a movie watched often as a child, though their ability to make those tree houses and have ostrich races always impressed me.
3. Ghostbuster (ok, I'm cheating by saying BOTH Ghostbusters)
4. umm...Beetlejuice

Four places I've lived:
1. Bronx, NY
2. WNY, NJ
3. New Brunswick, NJ
4. NYC

Four TV shows I love:
1. Law and Order (SVU in particular)
2. The Simpsons
3. Food Network (yeah yeah, I know it's not a show.)
4. Gilmore Girls (I promise, promise, promise, it's because of the outfits and hair. I find both main characters to be annoying [particularly Rory who has gotten lamer as the seasons have gone by].)

Four highly regarded and recommended TV shows that I've never watched a single minute of
1. 24
2. The Sopranos
3. Six Feet Under
4. Survivor

Four places I've vacationed:
1. Various parts of Italy
2. Paris
3. London
4. Seattle/Mt. Rainier

Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Hot and Sour soup
2. Mexican (all dishes Mexican)
3. Kimchi chigae
4. Pizza

Four books recently read: (ok, this stretches to books read this year because I really can't remember when/what order I have read these.)
1. The Devil in the White City - Very good
2. The Memory Keeper's Daughter- Excellent (almost made me cry!)
3. Prep (BIG disappointment-Well, on second thought, it was okay, but I just didn't really identify with the characters. It interested me because who hasn't had the feeling of a huge crush or a sense of high school drama. So it was good in that sense and it was a fast read.)
4. Running with Scissors (Great-Reminded me of David Sedaris' stuff, whose writing I like better.)


Four sites I visit daily: (The site visited most often on a daily basis is NCBI, but we won't count that one.)
1. NYtimes
2. all sites of close friends
3. gmail
4. People magazine (yeah...)

Four places I would rather be right now:

1. Cinque Terra
2. Hiking with friends
3. Hanging out around NYC (I guess this is when you know you really like NYC.)
4. Skiing (cross country and downhill) with friends

Now, wasn't that absoulutely thrilling? Yes, yes, thank you.

update: Mike and I watched Swiss Family Robinson this weekend, and oh man, I totally see why this movie appeals to kids. An island with tigers, elephants, pirates and the coolest tree houses ever?! What could be better. I really enjoyed watching it again.

8 Comments:

  • It amazes me how much we have in common actually. Good post. There is a slight chance that I got to People.com more often than NCBI these days. What a disgrace for a scientist to admit.

    By Blogger Katie, At 3:21 PM  

  • i have probably said this before, but i didn't know you worked at busch. wait, maybe i do, and now i remember that you never gave me enough chicken etouffe on cajun night.

    et quand tu ne m'a pas donne assez de l'etouffe de poulet, j'ai traverse la cantine et, en criant "TON VISAAGE", j'ai crase partout et ensuite, j'ai dit "Je n'aime pas la mechante serveuse!!"

    By Blogger paducci, At 3:46 PM  

  • Katie, that is why we are friends and bay-mates.

    OMG! You ATE the chicken etouffe?!
    Oh man. You're going to die a few years earlier than you thought.

    Etouffe your face!

    By Blogger hkim, At 6:33 PM  

  • good to know (for a stalker)

    By Blogger anna, At 5:16 PM  

  • I was thrilled. And delighted.

    Totally random: when 'Volver' comes out, we're going to see it, regardless of scheduling and prior obligations. I don't even know what it's about.

    By Blogger dan, At 10:55 AM  

  • Dr. Egon Spengler: Vinz, you said before you were waiting for a sign. What sign are you waiting for?

    Louis: Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!


    (I am killing time.)

    By Blogger dan, At 10:28 AM  

  • Haha! That is one of my favorite scenes.

    By Blogger hkim, At 12:08 PM  

  • Hey Hyunmi, I didn't know about your love of Swiss Family Robinson. I used to go on cruises hoping I would get shipwrecked and get my chance to emulate them. I have the movie on VHS. How about this ...watch the movie, drink New Castles and eat Nathan's in large quantities. Hope to see you soon. John Halas

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home