Reading is fundamental.
And that is why I am letting all 5 of you know that I just finished reading Julie & Julia. It was great and I highly recommend it. [Especially if you have ever wanted to escape the mundane backdrop of your life and cook.] I give it 4 stars on the Hyunmi-Scale-of-Ratings (and since I haven't actually decided what this rating system actually means [like the beer scale according to Dan], it really is a useless system.) out of 5. I should note To Kill a Mockingbird is a 5 on my scale, but since it is not the same genre, I will have to adjust this pointless arbitrary scale.
Anyway, I am now reading Wicked which is going quite well. This is when I am not knitting on the train to and from work. (You get all kinds of weird looks when you knit on the train.)
Anyway, I am now reading Wicked which is going quite well. This is when I am not knitting on the train to and from work. (You get all kinds of weird looks when you knit on the train.)

3 Comments:
You should get some kind of book holder that straps on to your neck or somthing. Then you could knit and read at the same time.
By
Michael Halas, At
9:40 AM
All you have to say is: it's 7-layer dip good.
Knitting on the train has the added advantage of equipping you with two good weapons, just in case.
Mike, that's an amaaaazing idea. Like a harmonica holder for peopel who play guitar.
By
dan, At
9:47 AM
yes, reading is fundamental. since nyc just released the latest reading test scores for the public schools, we now all know why not to raise kids in nyc: they will be dumb.
59% of 4th graders passed the exam.
37% of 8th graders passed. 37%.
they should just ask kids, "do you want to learn? do you want an education and a chance at a future? if not, you can go and stop wasting everyone's time and money."
i for one do not want my tax dollars spent on public schools anymore if they don't kick out the kids who fail. sorry, but i have little sympathy for slackers. i have a little more sympathy for dumb people, so they can stay if they work hard.
By
josh, At
1:19 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home