Christmas Puppy
Mike and I started the holiday weekend with some skiing. Since the weather had been warm and a little rainy, we knew conditions wouldn't be optimal. Still, Windham was un-crowded and the conditions were fine. It was great to see Mike Chow and Joe and skiing only confirmed my new found love for this sport. Granted it was the second time I had ever skied, but man, it is so much fun. A classmate of Mike's also came, and it being her first time skiing, she and I took runs down the greens together. I made the mistake of going down a blue at one point and Mike Chow was very kind at fetching my skis for me when I would pop them off.
It was great to see both our families, especially my sister since she is moving to CO (lucky duck!) and our nieces and nephew (they are getting so big!). But one of the coolest thing about this Christmas was...my gifts. (Normally I don't like exchanging gifts and honestly receiving awesome gifts this year really didn't change that but anyway...) I got two cookbooks I have been eyeing, a food mill, an awesome yoga book, two great shirts, and...my Pound Puppy, Brownie. I had this Pound Puppy for years and got it for Christmas when I was in the 1st grade. This puppy went with me everywhere. I use to drag it on a leash all around town and the A&P (which my mom would yell at me for). Then an accident happened and it lost its eyes, then my mom threw it out while I was at school (ok, so I was in high school at this point). My little sister found me a replica (with eyes) on eBAY! I'm so excited! Brownie! Only a real puppy would have been better. (It was funny because I kept joking all night that there better be a puppy in that pile of gifts for me.)
Then Mike told me that naming him Brownie again is very Pet Cemetery-ish. That totally creeped me out.
Whatever. It was great to see everyone and now I have a puppy! Happy Boxing Day everyone.
It was great to see both our families, especially my sister since she is moving to CO (lucky duck!) and our nieces and nephew (they are getting so big!). But one of the coolest thing about this Christmas was...my gifts. (Normally I don't like exchanging gifts and honestly receiving awesome gifts this year really didn't change that but anyway...) I got two cookbooks I have been eyeing, a food mill, an awesome yoga book, two great shirts, and...my Pound Puppy, Brownie. I had this Pound Puppy for years and got it for Christmas when I was in the 1st grade. This puppy went with me everywhere. I use to drag it on a leash all around town and the A&P (which my mom would yell at me for). Then an accident happened and it lost its eyes, then my mom threw it out while I was at school (ok, so I was in high school at this point). My little sister found me a replica (with eyes) on eBAY! I'm so excited! Brownie! Only a real puppy would have been better. (It was funny because I kept joking all night that there better be a puppy in that pile of gifts for me.)
Then Mike told me that naming him Brownie again is very Pet Cemetery-ish. That totally creeped me out.
Whatever. It was great to see everyone and now I have a puppy! Happy Boxing Day everyone.

5 Comments:
A fake puppy is so much easier to take care of, especially in a NYC apt. You can also buy fake dog poo for your back yard.
By
Anonymous, At
9:29 AM
Fake dog poo! Now I'm really excited.
By
hkim, At
9:36 AM
Pet cemetery is creepy..."First I play with Judd, then Mommy came, and I play with Mommy. We play Daddy! We had a awfully good time! Now, I want to play with YOU!" Watch out!
Somehow, it doesn't seem quite as bad as my parents naming our new (real) dog Charlie mere months after our old real dog, Harley, died.
By
Katie, At
2:47 PM
are you going to walk your new fake puppy? perhaps put him in your little grocery/laundry cart while running errands. throw him at other dogs, oh no, better yet, you should bark at other dogs as they walk by and go and sniff their butts
By
paducci, At
4:10 AM
You are a disturbed man.
My puppy is awesome. And for the record, I have a large laundry cart and a small grocery cart (which Mike showed to Joe with great zest while getting ice at Food Emporium). Maybe I will take my puppy to the dog run in CP...
I wouldn't have to be nuts with my fake puppy if a certain someone would let me get a real one.
By
hkim, At
7:21 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home