Oh New Paltz, how I have missed thee!
Today Mike and I went to hike at the Mohonk House to observe the leaves changing colors. We went with Josh, Yilin and two new people, Alex and his wife Sarah. A trip out to the Gunks were in order since Mike and I hadn't been up to New Paltz or out of the city in some time, Josh hadn't been on a hike in almost 2 years (!), Yilin hadn't been up there to see the leaves change, and Alex and Sarah had just moved to NYC from Seattle and hadn't really been out of NYC. The weather was great and had become that perfect fall chilly temperature I wait for all year. We hiked the trail leading us to the crevice and the rock scrambles and then to the mountain house. It felt so good to be back in New Paltz and I could feel myself itching to get on the rocks.
After the hike we went to Bacchus where we had a few beers and then decided to eat (after a few embarrassing escapades) and then drink some more.
It was so much fun to be there again (though we didn't get to meet up with Joe, which is always a bummer), drinking #9 and eating tacos...and we were in such great company that we didn't want to leave. What a great Saturday.
Pics.
After the hike we went to Bacchus where we had a few beers and then decided to eat (after a few embarrassing escapades) and then drink some more.
It was so much fun to be there again (though we didn't get to meet up with Joe, which is always a bummer), drinking #9 and eating tacos...and we were in such great company that we didn't want to leave. What a great Saturday.
Pics.

9 Comments:
How come you didn't get to meet up with Joe? Is it cos he's in hiding?
By
dan, At
12:25 PM
He was apple picking...I think.
By
hkim, At
1:04 PM
Oh how I miss those tacos!
John H.
By
Anonymous, At
2:47 PM
he says he was apple picking. i think he was in hiding; hiding from the challenge of a hike to skytop!
why is new paltz so similar to my idea of heaven?
By
josh, At
2:52 PM
Josh, I concur...
But they would have to have more chocolate shops, one GOOD pizza place and provide me with either enough money so I would never have to work or a job that pays just enough so I can live and work 3-4 days of the week to make it absolutely perfect. But I will take it as it is.
One day...
But I have to say, when we got into the city, I was very happy to be out of a car and to be home.
By
hkim, At
7:24 AM
New Paltz is heaven and NYC is home.
By
hkim, At
7:25 AM
Nice pictures, sounds like you guys had fun. I'm going hiking this Sunday with some people, you guys should come if you can. Let me know.
By
Anonymous, At
8:28 PM
Is this John Dawson? If so, hello! and if not, who are you?
This Saturday...It's no good for me since Mike and I have family coming over. But keep us posted.
By
hkim, At
9:59 AM
Yups, it was Dawson... I guess I should have checked again for your response... well, we went on Sunday, hiked up by high point on the AT a little, about 3hrs total. I found out I am really out of shape, but had a great time. The weather was perfect. Sorry you guys didn't come. Maybe next time.
By
Anonymous, At
9:59 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home