Random Musing and Adventures

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Til Questions Do Us Part

Ladies and gents, listen up. According to "relationship experts" (really, what constitutes someone as a relationship expert? I imagine these are serial daters [you know, the kind of people who will only have long term relationships even if they are not what they want] who really don't know what they are talking about) there are certain questions you should ask before getting married. Katie alerted me to this article and while the questions are good, it seems a little weird that a list of questions critical to the survival of your relationship was created.

I thought question#7 was interesting. But I guess it's because I never even thought about having a TV in the bedroom and because I (and neither does Mike, though his love for this show is starting to become a problem) generally don't watch TV, it never crossed my mind.

10) Do we like and respect each other’s friends?
This was a bit of a problem because, well because Vijay is a little sketchy. Ha!

13) Are there some things that you and I are NOT prepared to give up in the marriage?
I was not going to give up meat or my decision to continue eating lactose products even if it means I have to burp up smelly burps all night. Poor Mike has to deal with this.

Other than that we were good to go and so according to experts, we will have a long healthy happy marriage. Boy am I glad I confirmed this with a relationship expert-rather, a f-expert (fake [or faux for Vijay, our sketchy friend] expert).

3 Comments:

  • i shall respond to this accordingly once i am internetified on a more permanent and free basis.

    By Blogger paducci, At 12:05 PM  

  • ahem...i am not sketchy.

    By Blogger paducci, At 4:12 AM  

  • Vijay is totally sketchy.

    The proper comment to #7 is: "if you answered yes to this question, kill yourselves now."

    By Blogger dan, At 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home