See Gimpy? See Gimpy Run!
Next week is the first of the Grand Prix series. I was (am) so excited to do all 5 bouroughs, especially since the first one (Manhattan half) was going to be run with Josh. But I went for a 8 mile run today and while there was no serious knee pain during the run, there was significant post-run pain. I couldn't bend my knee and therefore couldn't really walk. This injury started several weeks ago during a 10k race. The air bubble in my sneaker popped (don't wear really worn out shoes for races!) at mile 2 or so and for the rest of the run, I think my one leg was compensating for the other. I then continued to run a few runs with this bad pair of shoes (against the warnings from Mike) and now I am injured.
This means I can't do the Manhattan Half. It's pretty upsetting, but I am trying to rehabilitate so I can do the Bronx Half on Feb. 11th which I will have to run really slow to prevent further injury. Oh well. If anyone is interested in doing these with me (So sorry about the Manhattan Half Josh!), let me know.
This means I can't do the Manhattan Half. It's pretty upsetting, but I am trying to rehabilitate so I can do the Bronx Half on Feb. 11th which I will have to run really slow to prevent further injury. Oh well. If anyone is interested in doing these with me (So sorry about the Manhattan Half Josh!), let me know.

6 Comments:
yo, next time I'm over I ought to show you a few stretches/exercises the doctors/PT folks told me to do for my knees. I could attempt to diagnose you to see if your problem is similar to mine, cos I remember how they did it to me.
By
dan, At
5:04 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
By
hkim, At
6:26 PM
Get Over here! (said a la Scorpion [from Mortal Combat] style)
I would very much appreciate that.
I do a few exercises everyday (from yoga and what not) that are suppose to help my knee. But your info would be greatly appreciated.
By
hkim, At
6:27 PM
You should always heed the warnings of Ben Folds. He is widely acclaimed for his prowess as a pianist, songwriter, performer, and multi-instrumentalist, in addition to being very, very wise.
By
vimal, At
7:54 PM
hyunmi, i am very sad that you won't be running with me and urging me on (i will need urges).
i will just have to run 13.1 myself. alas.
By
josh, At
11:06 AM
Hyunmi, you're smart not to race this weekend. You were not smart when you ran in broken shoes. I would say you have now sufficiently learned your lesson, young grasshopper.
Josh, I'll be cheering you on too. It's going to be fun. If I'm in the mood, I might even make you a poster.
By
Katie, At
12:38 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home