Random Musing and Adventures

Friday, April 06, 2007

Under pressure.

I have been listening to Under Pressure everyday for the past two weeks. Aside from really liking that song, it makes everything seem okay-which is great because things have been busy. In the past two weeks, my paper was submitted and accepted for review, I wrote my thesis in 8 days, and handed it out to my committee members. I now have two weeks to read, make my presentation, and do a fairly involved experiment. Oy! Drinking, dancing and running (all done to music) have all been key in keeping me from going insane.

But there is good news, primarily being that the light at the end of the tunnel is very obvious. Despite all this work, it's a good busy. And I feel very lucky to say that because for some, grad school is fatal. It really is a de-moralizing experience, but to come out unscathed and still have the desire to continue academic research is pretty good.

In other news, Mike has Reach the Beach on the brain and it looks like we might do it. I booked my tickets to Paris and cannot wait for vacation. I bought tickets to see The Decemberists at Summerstage in CP and I am thinking about running the NYC Marathon. Thinking.

Obviously writing this post was a means of procrastinating reading the large piles of research articles that awaits me.

3 Comments:

  • Haha! Anyone recognize this?

    "I'll never run the NYC Marathon."
    -Hyunmi Kim

    Hyunmi, if you decide to run the race, I will steal some cortizone and pump your hip full of it the night before. Also, we'll dissolve lots of vitamin I (Ibuprofen) in your water bottle that attaches to your belt.

    Unless you use Mike's belt-thing. Then we'll fill 5 of the water bottles with the laced water, and the last with beer.

    By Blogger josh, At 11:02 AM  

  • Um boom ba bay
    Um boom ba bay
    Um Um boom ba bay bay

    By Blogger vimal, At 3:23 AM  

  • Haha...Yes Josh...I know. But like I said, I am THINKING. IF, IF I do this, I have to be prepared and train really slowly otherwise I really will need a hip replacement.

    Mike is opposed to my potential running.

    I like the fuel belt idea...

    By Blogger hkim, At 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home